Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Customs & Border Protection ....Seized my laser.... HELP!!

Default U.S. Customs & Border Protection ....Seized my laser.... HELP!!

so ive bought 10+ dpss lasers from china or lasever and have had NO issues getting them in to the states. about a month or so ago my DHL didnt come to me on time , I got on line and seend that I needed to call DHL.. So i did and they told me customs had it and was inspecting it. So i called customs and was told it could tke up to 60 days to clear? why ? what happened that made you need to hold this shipment? what flags set this chain of events inorder.... and i was told to IDK, ... so now Ive gotten a letter stating

“the merchandise was seized under the provisions of title 19, united states code, section 1595a(c), and was determined to be in violation of title 7 united states code, sections 1360 and 21 USC 381. The fda found that laser products are considered a significant public health hazard because of the risk they pose causing eye damage, burns. the lasers are prohibited in the united states.”

wrong wrong wrong.....my item that I bought is a LAB laser & not a portable laser pointer... this laser would also be used in privet & indoors..

any idea on what I can do to get my laser back?

Thanks for any feedback....
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    my item that I bought is a LAB laser & not a portable laser pointer...
    did it come with a power supply and a power cord? if so its considered a complete product and has to be CDRH compliant

I would email your seller because your probably not getting your laser

US customs have red-flag lists of a lot of Chinese laser companies. And probably not just the ones that manufacture pointers, either, I would imagine..
    Hate to hear that for you. Maybe if you can produce a variance, you can get your laser back.

LaserGuy-

Pointers or not, You know that lasers in the USA are governed by 21 CFR. Lasever knows that and *ALL* Chinese companies know that. You have been lucky up to this point of not having anything seized. But the FDA/CDRH and US Customs are drastically coming down on illegal Laser imports! And almost all Chinese Laser imports are illegal (Lasever definitely is!). Its going to take ALOT of convincing of ALOT of people to release these lasers to you. but chances are, they will NOT be released and will be sent back to China.

And to be honest, if they were released to you, I would be VERY VERY VERY VERY nervous about that as once you posses these lasers and do anything with them outside the comfort of your own home you are now an illegal manufacturer and thats where the REAL shit storm comes down.

If you think any of this is B.S. or scare tactics i invite you to make some calls to the CDRH (Woddy, ill give you his #) and see the amount of fines, inspections, and "corrective actions" have been enforced this last year and its only getting worse and worse.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

So are you saying we shouldn't have LEM's? Everything could be confiscated and fines issued?

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    LaserGuy-

Pointers or not, You know that lasers in the USA are governed by 21 CFR. Lasever knows that and *ALL* Chinese companies know that. You have been lucky up to this point of not having anything seized. But the FDA/CDRH and US Customs are drastically coming down on illegal Laser imports! And almost all Chinese Laser imports are illegal (Lasever definitely is!). Its going to take ALOT of convincing of ALOT of people to release these lasers to you. but chances are, they will NOT be released and will be sent back to China.

And to be honest, if they were released to you, I would be VERY VERY VERY VERY nervous about that as once you posses these lasers and do anything with them outside the comfort of your own home you are now an illegal manufacturer and thats where the REAL shit storm comes down.

If you think any of this is B.S. or scare tactics i invite you to make some calls to the CDRH (Woddy, ill give you his #) and see the amount of fines, inspections, and "corrective actions" have been enforced this last year and its only getting worse and worse.

-Marc
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

what defines legal vs. illegal import?
    what defines illegal manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    LaserGuy-

-Marc
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

So are you saying we shouldn't have LEM's? Everything could be confiscated and fines issued?
    Absolutely not.

Are LEMS "technically" a violation of US regs? i dont know. There are grey areas becasue it is a private event and not a "public" display. I am not a lawyer nor a US regulations guru nor claim to know all regulations inside and out. A LEM is MUCH different becasue as I said, it is aprivate, non public event. Equipment is considered (for the most part) to be OEM and in some cases finished into end products which *DO* conform to US laws.

I'll bet it would be a a VERY different event if SELEM was as big as it is and we were opening it up to the public. I'll betcha we would have some "visitors" at the event at that point.

Illegal imports are an infraction compounded ON TOP of the CDRH regulations regarding Lasers.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

That was kinda the first thing that popped into my head.... so, CNI, DHOM, Viasho, and all these other modules we build projectors with are still illegal as the module itself?? And define Lab vs. OEM please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    That was kinda the first thing that popped into my head.... so, CNI, DHOM, Viasho, and all these other modules we build projectors with are still illegal as the module itself?? And define Lab vs. OEM please.
    if I can open the box, plug it in and make it lase, its illegal to import since its non-compliant... once you integrate it into a projector it does not matter since the projector has to be compliant, not the individual lasers...

if it requires a power supply or something (basically non-operational right out of the box) then its a proper OEM product intended to be integrated into a completed (compliant) product and should be legal to import AFAIK

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:05.