Thread: ILDA test frame with Audiolase

Default ILDA test frame with Audiolase

Hello,

So I'm trying to calibrate my projector with the test frame. I have both an Audiolase and an iShow. I've attached both images because they are doing different things. I'm running this on Speghetti. My scanners are PT-30k. I just retuned my audiolase for 0v at idle and +5v playing max.wav on all 5 channels. I have all 3d sound settings turned of (I believe)

Audiolase:
    Colors are not correct. Only green turns on in the upper portion of the frame
    Image is much much smaller. I have to enlarge the box in the projector settings
    Running at 30000pps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ILDA Audiolase.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	27727

iShow:
    Colors seem correct
    Frame rate is much worse even if I increase the pps to 50000
    The picture I've attached doesnt look complete but it is (frame rate is to slow)
    Size of image is much larger (probably where it should be)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ILDA iShow.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	27726

Ideas??

Ishow is said to have a terrible ilda import function, adding removing points, crippling practically all testframes.

Quote Originally Posted by cerocool View Post
    My scanners are PT-30k.

Frame rate is much worse even if I increase the pps to 50000

Ideas??

Why would you run 30K galvos, at 50K speeds esp those galvos and at the angle you at. Speaking of what is the angle? And at the speed you quote the circle should be well inside the box.
    leading in trailing technology

I ran them at that speed (50k) with the iShow because it did not seem at all like they were running at that speed. The Audiolase at 30k is over twice the speed. I don't no why that is.

But my big question is, why are my colors off on the Audiolase?

Thanks!

Yea, iShow firmware is weird and doesn't honor the specified point rate as-is. The max point rate that the adapter will accept is 45kpps. If you set it higher, it stays at 45k. I run it at 45k also.

The color weirdness from the Audiolase is a sound card driver issue. (Not the Spaghetti sound card driver but the Windows sound card driver). Some people have had luck by
    (1) if you have installed the manufacturers driver, remove it and use the default windows driver
    or
    (2) if you have not installed the manufacturers driver, install it.

Unfortunately, it seems like there is a different ball of wax with each system but if you keep at it you will eventually find the combination that works. There is a thread on LaserPointForums where a guy had the exact same issue. He resolved it by removing the manufacturers drivers.