Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: 10 diode 445 build

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire UK
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Very nice Andy.

    Could do with one of these for my Laser Harp.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 2.5W RGB's
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Any tips for setting the mirror depth on the 45 degree angle?

    It occurs to me that unless you have lateral adjustability in either your diode block or your mirror flex mount, getting the edge of the mirror at the right depth to overlay each beam is going to be near on impossible!
    not impossible, but you do need a milling machine to do it.

    if you glue the mirrors on the mounts exactly the same then its simple to get the holes for the mounts in the perfect place


    Wow, I bet that's 10 Watts of blue there!! Cool. Nice, Andy.
    it wont be producing 10watts, i suspect more around 7watts

    10 watt That,s allot of blue Like the topcovers too
    thanks


    Very nice Andy.

    Could do with one of these for my Laser Harp.
    if you got the money ive got the parts to build you one carl
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat


    Aluminium Optic Mounts

    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/opticmounts/

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    I am facing the same challenge in gluing the mirrors to the flex mounts. I am not too concerned about tweaking the alignment on the screws, but a very consistent vertical glue up sure would allow a tighter packing. Did you use a jig? Any tricks?
    Same issue on the diode. Any tricks to setting the stripe dead straight vertical.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire UK
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Thanks for the offer Andy but Rob is going to sort us out with a two diode unit when he gets time.
    Besides I think 7W in the harp is a bit much for the house.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 2.5W RGB's
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I am facing the same challenge in gluing the mirrors to the flex mounts. I am not too concerned about tweaking the alignment on the screws, but a very consistent vertical glue up sure would allow a tighter packing. Did you use a jig? Any tricks?
    Same issue on the diode. Any tricks to setting the stripe dead straight vertical.
    i set the diodes vertical without lens on. i just put an object in front of the diode and using the edge/line (I) to get the diodes right.

    i have my own silly method of glueing the mirrors on but its not very technical. just do what works fpr you, just make sure each is the same
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat


    Aluminium Optic Mounts

    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/opticmounts/

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Thanks for the offer Andy but Rob is going to sort us out with a two diode unit when he gets time.
    Besides I think 7W in the harp is a bit much for the house.
    carl you should know by now you can never have enough power
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat


    Aluminium Optic Mounts

    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/opticmounts/

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    carl you should know by now you can never have enough power
    Yea, but on a harp, at some point you will need a pair of laser safety gloves...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire UK
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Yea, but on a harp, at some point you will need a pair of laser safety gloves...
    I'm sorted for gloves.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 2.5W RGB's
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

  9. #29
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    I'm sorted for gloves.
    you may want to borrow my firesuit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	for_summer-fb.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	27761
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •