Thread: Misc laser parts on ebay

Default Misc laser parts on ebay

Hello folks, I have posted a few things on ebay that may be of interest to someone here. I have way to much junk and not enough room for my next project.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50Q...assZDQ5Aurcher

Thanks for looking!

David Zurcher

You must have been at the Old AVI sell off were ya? I remember a lot of those parts from my old projectors
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Yep! Couldn't believe the type of equipment I got from them for dirt cheap. I use to work in a planetarium many years ago and ran one of thier 4 head projectors. Was a very nice setup and the shows were fantastic. I'll never forget the first laser show I ever saw, "LaserDrive in 3D!" staring "mini" and "Evil Dr. Zardoc" or something like that. Good 'ole days!

David

Oh yea
    i remember that, that was ..WOW, 1991... LONG time ago....But i remember it as if it was Yesterday.... Ya know, we were the last company to be doing RGYB with 4 scanner pairs per show... We have SOOOO much more resolution.. I LOVED programming with 4 scanners as opposed to one....Floyd, Zeppelin, Rush... Oh well, the times have changed.... What planetarium were you at that you had our four head projector? Did we ever meet at AVI???
    www.laser-ad.com

I gather from your post that you worked directly for AVI at one point? I never had the opportunity to program on that projector, however, I can imagine how much fun that would have been. I thought the projector itself was a work of art, the method used for color modulation was brilliant! I had worked for the Alexander Brest Planetarium in Jacksonville, FL for several years. Go ahead, make your jokes! In fact, I'll never forget, I had traveled to Munich Germany to visit the Forum der Technic, half way around the world, and those guys even cracked the joke about how we had 2 domes in our museum! Anyways, I don't know if we ever met or not, I worked quite a bit with Paul S., both at our museum and doing some contract work with him for AVI down in Orlando. I also knew Aron B. and had some dealings with Doug M.

Yep, I DID!, 12 yrs for me.. Doug was my Direct Boss, and Aron and Paul did tech stuff for us.. Still talk to aron all the time, hes still in Orlando, dont know whee Paul went....I started out as a laserist fro 2 yrs then was a Show producer for 10 more...Aerosmith, Floyd, Grunge, Sixties, Billy Joel, Classic Rock, Matinees, Just tons of em!... It was fun while it lasted at AVI.. Things Died rather Quickly once the Politics Hit the Fan.... Doug was Ousted as you may know, and now has his Own company in Orlando as well LaserShowDesign (LSD). Doing quite well.. We talk often... We had almost 60 people at one point. Its sad sooo many talents now do totally different kinds of work.... The laser industry is a tough one, and its getting smaller every day. As special event budgets get smaller, lasers get left out more and more.. Seems the Only real growth is in the DISCOS and Hobby industry....Trend or Fluke? We will See....
    www.laser-ad.com

Last I heard Paul went on to work for East Coast Control Systems, don't know if he is still there or not though. I had heard the rumors about what had happened to Doug, then one day, while I was living in orlando, he told me the whole story right in my own living room. It was an absolute shame, I just don't understand how a person that built that company, was let go in the manner in which he was, as you say, politics..... Anyway, glad to hear he is doing well, I think the last time I saw him was at the 99 pangolin meeting when he screened his Linea show, which was great!

Wow I remember Laser Grunge and Classic Rock, both great shows. Opening song for Grunge was awesome (Cherub Rock, Smashing Pumpkins). Probably the best show, artwork wise, was the Laser Floyd Shines on. That one was very well done.

I don't think there is a lack of interest in laser effects from crowds. I think that the problem is that the people who produce an event, just want a bigger cut of the action. Not to mention, renting a laser system is often very expensive. I wont forget, about 6 years ago, we did a show at an ice skating ring. At one end of the ice they had the sound equipment and intellegent lighting. I think there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 hundred people there. After about an hour into the night, we started doing beams at the other end of the ice with a 2 watt lexel 88. Within minutes, just about the entire crowd was at our end of the ice. What a night....

David

Cool, Glad you liked the Shows, Shines on was one of my fav's to produce..I had lots of cool imagery and abstracts in there.. Loved working with Willie(artist) he could read my mind.... Im just about to start a floyd show for next yr.. Should be fun! Probably be a "Shines On" type show. But it will be in pangolin format completely , and i hope to just pass it on to Bill at Pangolin to include in the Library....
    www.laser-ad.com