Thread: Borricks, I've killed a red diode

Angry Borricks, I've killed a red diode

I've recently built my first RGB projector using a 1 watt laserwave, a quad blue from Edison and also one of his quad reds, built them up all working lovely, but my scanners where dodgy.

I went to the recent UKLEM, projector preformed great apart from the scanners, I did turn me blue up a little and also what I thought was the TEC.

Yesterday I fitted a new set of scanners (thanks Rob) and wilst testing I noticed the temperature going up a little on the TEC, today I noticed that one of my red diodes died, just had a look and realised that when I thought I was turning up the TEC I was acctuarly overpowering my LPC 822s hence one dying.

I have a spare, just a pain in the butt, ohh well that the fun I guess.

Tony
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Tony, I can help you out shoot me a PM I,m might have something interesting for you

Tony,

Thats sad to read...
    Its never fun having a diode die on you.

I am interested in your setup.
    1 watt of 532 and 455 is alot for a quad lpc822.

Was your color balance OK?
    Wat currents were you driving the diodes and what was the output of the quad.

It was my fault that the diode died, the white balance as im sure you no is not perfect, Ive got a long way to go but this is my first RGB.

My 445 is running at about 2.5w and the red was around 800mw, I would like to get a second quad in the future and use the opnext diodes, its all time and money, oh and wife approval.

I think Andy con has a picture from the UKLEM of the insides, maybe he would be kind enough to load it up for me
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts