Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scanner Jitter?

If the damping is turned up too much the system can resonate or ring. This frequency will be higher than the natural frequency when underdamped. Maybe overdamped is the wrong term? I'm sure someone will set me straight

Yes. The scanners should not be moving at all when at rest. Your beam size should always be the same whether going through the galvo's or not. Check the connection from ILDA pin 25 to the scanner PSU DC Ground. That may be your entire issue.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    logsquared,
    laserkits,
    Yep.. I think your right and I will look up Bill's paper and start down this path.
    In general, is any broadening unusual and the goal should be to see a static spot width equal to a line width of a scanned pattern?
    1.2 Watt RGB Build
    DHOM 300mw 532
    DHOM 600mw 445
    Laserwave 300mw 640
    DT-40 Pro's
    FB3 / Quickshow

I followed Marc's suggestion in the original set up and grounded everything to one point. Everything (now that I look at it ) EXCEPT the midpoint of the two 24V series wired PSUs. This would be great if its all just this simple.

I suspect you just found the issue. That midpoint needs to be tied to ILDA pin 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    I followed Marc's suggestion in the original set up and grounded everything to one point. Everything (now that I look at it ) EXCEPT the midpoint of the two 24V series wired PSUs. This would be great if its all just this simple.
    1.2 Watt RGB Build
    DHOM 300mw 532
    DHOM 600mw 445
    Laserwave 300mw 640
    DT-40 Pro's
    FB3 / Quickshow

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i hope that solves it for you. in my experience, not having ilda25 tied to galvo psu ground, the scanned image distortion was more of a slow wobble. maybe 2-3hz. your milage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by laserkits View Post
    I suspect you just found the issue. That midpoint needs to be tied to ILDA pin 25.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.