Thread: Newbie! questions....?

Question Newbie! questions....?

Hey all...been checking out lots of topic's on here...already learning lots but I do have a few question..and i bet there are posts about my question but I haven't found them yet... if so please post the links

So I have an Old Mobolazer ML-10 (just like this one)

Last week I pick up these cheep chinese "rgb" projector from an old club... 10k scanners on them whatever...so i put the parts on my mobolazer...
    now i'll be ordering:
    -1watt 447nm Analog>30kHz
    -1 watt 655nm Analog>30kHz
    -600mw 532nm Analog > 30kHz

turn it into a RGB display system, I will be updating to better Galvos down the road... questions:

-I'm looking at ordering from Dragon laser's..I've dealt with them before...haven't had any problems...any other companies i should look at?

-company for laser parts?

-Probably pretty basic question for you guys...but how does ILDA work? like how does Pangolin end up hooking up and controlling the galvos and colour? would i have to make a board or is there any pre fabricated?

thanx for the help.

Well, i can help you with all your parts. and would be more than happy to answer questions you may have. The ML10's are AWESOME!!!! youre gonna love it. the Melles head is pretty good too. Is it a 2.5W??

ILDA is often a misused term. "ILDA" is International Laser Display Association. There is a "standard" wiring concept in which they came up with which you can find here:

http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las.../Pinouts9.html

On your ML projector you would need to wire up a standard DB25 connector with the signals that are shown on the link i just gave you above. This would be wired to your Pangolin hardware via a "control cable." A straight through 25 conductor cable.

Welcome to the forum by the way! Youre one of us now!! lol....
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

awesome thanx...yea it use to be a 5watt but it's dead now...so I fitted a 200mw 532nm that i've used for a few shows...

Consider 637 or 640nm for your red. They are far more visible and you'll need far less power and that equals increased safety.

I reckon 600-700mw of 637nm would suit that down to the ground (that's roughly the same balance then as in Kvant's latest 2W offering).

Kvant is 1w 445, 500mw 532, 680mw 637nm from memory.