Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream: new Ethernet DAC

Was this also the interface that was to handle built on abstract generation?
    leading in trailing technology

That is a nice looking DAC. Good luck!

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Just a thought for a Wednesday morning (For me at least)

Do you think POE support could be a possibility in the future ? Running these off your on-stage switch (With redundant power supply) would be lovely!

Cheers,

Nige.

Quote Originally Posted by gashead View Post
    Do you think POE support could be a possibility in the future ? Running these off your on-stage switch (With redundant power supply) would be lovely!
    I considered it. The thing is, although PoE can supply plenty of power for the DAC itself, it really isn't enough to power a whole laser projector. (The lasers, possibly; the galvos, not so much.) So the projector would need its own power feed anyway, and PoE would be a significant amount of added cost and complexity. If there's a really compelling case for it, then maybe in a future revision, but probably not.

That said, the DAC board is designed to be able to be built right into a projector. It'll run off of anything in the 8v-25v DC range, so you can feed it from the galvo power supply or a convenient +12 rail or whatever, and there's a pin header for the output signals as well as the DB25 connector.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Was this also the interface that was to handle built on abstract generation?
    Yes, there's also a built-in abstract generator, though the user interface for it isn't exactly ready for prime time yet. "Coming soon..."

This looks excellent.

Do you have plans for a sound activated playback off the SD card?

(the user could build frames and they would display in sync with a mic or line in input)

Will the abstract generator be able to sync to a audio input?

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

there will be LSX support for this dac and LSX has a number of sound related effects. i'm not sure that any of them work for external audio, but they do work if the computer is playing wave or mp3 files.

Quote Originally Posted by no-esc View Post
    This looks excellent.

Do you have plans for a sound activated playback off the SD card?

(the user could build frames and they would display in sync with a mic or line in input)

Will the abstract generator be able to sync to a audio input?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

j4cbo, you didn't respond to my question regarding the MAC address (hard coded currently).

Can I suggest you take a look at the Microchip 2AA02E48 (or similar) EEPROM. These come shipped with a unique MAC address stored. It's a cheap and simple way to buy a unique MAC address, the 48 bit address is stored in the upper-most bytes. Simply read the address at boot, load and go.

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...Doc/22124B.pdf
    This space for rent.

Dnar: He did answer your question

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    The current run of boards have an I2C EEPROM that I buy pre-serialized with a MAC address (Microchip 24AA02E48); that EEPROM will also be used to store a little bit of config info. The hardcoded address you see in the code is only used on the boards I built last year that don't have that chip.
    chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Looks fantastic!!! Very impressed by your development skills! Keep up the good work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Dnar: He did answer your question

chad
    Aw, I missed it. Need more sleep...
    This space for rent.