Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream: new Ethernet DAC

Now we are getting somewhere, using the updated dll I am getting output! And a very clean output at that Seeing ~20mv of noise, most of which is getting in through the ethernet jack from the power supply on my laptop.

I ran into some issues with grounding and had an image that was rotated about 30 degrees (!!!) but I have found a combination that works (in case anyone is wondering, to get it working with my single ended input scope I used the R- blanking line as my global ground, and left the rest of the inverted signals disconnected, grounding the X- and Y- gave me the rotated image regardless of what was connected to the blanking).

Thanks for all of the hard work you have put into the beast! And to Michael for his work in LFI player!

Yeah, the output drivers for X and Y are symmetrical - shorting X- and Y- together will cause Weird Things(tm) to happen. I'd suggest grounding through pin 25 instead, though; the modulation return lines have series resistors on them to even out the drive impedance, whereas the "actual" ground doesn't. (Then again, connecting to something as high-impedance as a 'scope, it doesn't really matter.)

hello
    I'm trying to connect etherdream to lasercam
    I'm on a MacBook Pro with VMware Fusion
    The lasercam works properly then I connect the etherdream but it does not appear as an option
    I need to install drivers?

There is a publication with the step by step installation?
    thanks

Thank you all.
    |\/| _._|_ _.._ o _ | _
    | |(_| |_(_||_)|><(/_|_>
    |

How do you connect the Board?

Ehther Dream is controlled via Ethernet only, when you connect it via USB you can't expect to have it added to the system somehow since there should be no USB-drivers for it (for the simple reason that they are not needed). And I think a Ethernet-connection should not appear as an option also on an MacBook?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    How do you connect the Board?
    Hello, currently i use following setup. I want to connect with cross LAN cable but don't have one currently so i have to go over switch. Without DHCP server ED should establish link at IP adress from range 169.254.x.x so i guess then you have to configure IP address on laptop manually to be from same subnet. I'll update when i have it running with cross cable

hi thanks for the answers
    I was trying to connect with USB
    then try without success via ethernet straight
    Now I got a cross utp and could not
    I set the vm ware fusion to detect the plate? as I do?
    help
    |\/| _._|_ _.._ o _ | _
    | |(_| |_(_||_)|><(/_|_>
    |

News!

- There is now a new firmware version, 0.3.0; it improves performance at higher point rates, fixes some bugs, adds support for playing ILDA and WAV (16-bit, 8 channel, up to 32kHz) files from the SD card, and a new autoplay feature that can play files automatically when the DAC powers up.
    - This firmware version, combined with an LSX update that's about to be released, will allow playback of protected shows.

The update is on the downloads page: http://ether-dream.com/downloads.html . Any DAC shipped from now on will include the version.

I'm also about to add an option for a black case, instead of silver.

Thank you all for your answers but I'm still trying to connect lasercam and ether dream from a macbook pro with vm ware fusion
    I am connected with a crossover cat 5e UTP cable
    I have update the software lasercam
    Update the firmware of ether dream
    also put the etherdream.dll from a page

I see now from the soft ether dream but when I put him in power since the preview software freezes
    I have no LED indicator light turned green.

The laser is on hold and not receiving a signal from etherdream

I need to put a switch? if I see the DAC lasercam etherdream from the software should not be necessary, no?

Is anyone running this configuration in vmware fusion?
    I requested a second license activated lasercam which install on a netbook Sansung to send the trigger it does not work.

I've been a long time on this project I ask help and I'm starting to doubt that it actually works

Once again thank you for your answers
    |\/| _._|_ _.._ o _ | _
    | |(_| |_(_||_)|><(/_|_>
    |

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

you shouldn't need a crossover cable. the mbp gig-e nics handle auto-crossover as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by matapixels View Post
    Thank you all for your answers but I'm still trying to connect lasercam and ether dream from a macbook pro with vm ware fusion
    I am connected with a crossover cat 5e UTP cable
    I have update the software lasercam
    Update the firmware of ether dream
    also put the etherdream.dll from a page

I see now from the soft ether dream but when I put him in power since the preview software freezes
    I have no LED indicator light turned green.

The laser is on hold and not receiving a signal from etherdream

I need to put a switch? if I see the DAC lasercam etherdream from the software should not be necessary, no?

Is anyone running this configuration in vmware fusion?
    I requested a second license activated lasercam which install on a netbook Sansung to send the trigger it does not work.

I've been a long time on this project I ask help and I'm starting to doubt that it actually works

Once again thank you for your answers
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I'm sorry you're having trouble... In the LSX directory, there should be a file called "j4cDAC.txt". Can you send me the last 20 lines or so from that file in a private message?

I've been doing my testing in VMware, so it ought to work. What version of Windows do you have?