Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream: new Ethernet DAC

finaly is working...thanks for all
    |\/| _._|_ _.._ o _ | _
    | |(_| |_(_||_)|><(/_|_>
    |

One thing I found while working under windows 7 (and vista as well presumably) is that when the windows firewall message box pops up (asking you to add an exception to the windows firewall), I had to give it access to all networks (not just home or private) because the wired eithernet port was classified as a public network. The exact details depend on your exact setup, but if you are not sure it should be otherwise just allow it access to all networks.

Otherwise everything has been working great!

So, what next? Here's my plan:

Firmware/Driver 0.4:
    - Improved performance: 100kpps streaming over Ethernet, 50kpps ILDA playback, 32kpps WAV playback
    - DMX I/O with an add-on board. I'm working on the board now; it'll be available with a few different options (3-pin or 5-pin XLR connectors, isolated or non-isolated) and cost something in the $25-$60 range depending on configuration. XLR5 connectors are expensive! It's very simple, and I'll also post schematics for DIY.

Firmware 0.5
    - Firmware 0.5 will support the "companion board" that I'm starting to think about now. This'll be an add-on board with an assortment of features for controlling a projector - TEC control, diode drivers, TTL I/O for shutters, interlock switches, etc, and maybe ILDA input. Of course it'll have breakout connectors to connect to the galvo drivers and such.

Are there other new features that folks would like to see? Other hardware add-ons? More control options? I'd appreciate any suggestions people have.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

A few MIDI ports?

not a "companion board" but an idea to put out there. if etherdream can send a list of files on the sd card say to a poe connected arduino, a simple 4-5 button interface with an lcd display would be cool and cheap. the arduino can just send the osc commands for stop/play and other cues. Could also be used as a standalone display for TEC and Diode power info.

Yeah, there are a few ways to do the local control interface thing. Another option I was thinking of was a MIDI-over-USB link to a directly connected iPad, allowing control with no network at all. A little LCD-and-buttons board that could be built into a projector would be interesting...

One more vote for SD Card support of ILDA plus LaserBoy WAV file playback would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by uamdme2 View Post
    One more vote for SD Card support of ILDA plus LaserBoy WAV file playback would be nice.
    It already has SD card and WAV playback support. J4cbo can correct me if I am not.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

hi, is there any program that controls etherdream for mac?
    I see a mac sitter
    thanks
    |\/| _._|_ _.._ o _ | _
    | |(_| |_(_||_)|><(/_|_>
    |

I believe sitter is only program for diagnostics but there have been som tests with etherdream and lsx in vmware?

it should work in vmware as shown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eavJmCrP4pk but i observe you already asked in there too