Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for a Laser animation /artwork workflow?

SpaceJay is offline THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED

ShortyInCanada why not make DVD's of your data?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

sure, that's only ~100 dvds...

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJay View Post
    ShortyInCanada why not make DVD's of your data?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

SpaceJay is offline THIS USER WAS CLUEBYFOURED

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    sure, that's only ~100 dvds...
    Oh that's right... I forgot it was 400 gigs you had there. Geez man what kind of data do you need to keep on there? Yikes

How about BluRays then? Can't you put 50 gigs on those things? Then again I guess it would be cheaper to get a 1.5 tb hard drive instead...

Those are pretty cheap on newegg

Considered those options too. (Well not the burning 100+ dvds.)
    I would say that at least 250GB are just music. Whenever I am in front of my computer I have the music playing.
    A big chunk of the other 150+ GB would be some HD versions of some movies that I DL'd. The James Bond series and the Harry Potter Series (excluding the last episodes.) with a bunch of classic cartoons and even some age appropriate stuff for my infant son.
    As I have only had this computer for a few months since that last major upgrade/revision of the hardware there wasn't a lot of the more sensitive or vital programs installed or things like that. (I've been getting all my music and video files in order...)
    I also had a server tower built for inclusion into the home network but a shortage of funds meant not getting a larger capacity HD installed in the server too. (I needed it for my main computer for all that music now didn't I.)
    It's not that hard to get a bigger HD and stick it in the server tower, grab the 500GB from my main computer and stick it in too as a slave drive then simply transfer all the files over. It's just that I have higher priorities at the moment and I am starting to be a bit more productive with some of the things that need fixin' around the house. (Canadians have the worst record for wasting time in front of their computers.) Before the nasty weather sets in I am trying to get a few things done after work in the dwindling daylight too.
    Thanks for your interest though.

Now can you offer any more help on the graphics training questions ?