Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your advice please

Default Your advice please

Hi all, i run my own business and im doing lots of trade shows/open days all of which take place in large halls etc.

I am no expert (but i am amazed by lasers) and was considering purchasing a laser to promote my business ei. project text and logos etc. onto wall and ceilings.

I am aware that lasers can be dangerous so have no intension of swirling beams of lights into the publics eyes but thought that the sight of the laser in action would bring potential customers to my stand.

My question to you guys is, what sort of laser power would be seen in a lit area, and what scanner speed would the laser need to have to clearly display text, logos etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

power 200mW green or 1000mW RGB
    scan speed min 30.000pps (30k)
    good luck greets joost

all is a feeling, when the wall is dark, you need more power.
    when the pictures are difficult, then you need more scan speed.
    etc etc...
    :-)

Hi Kel

Hi and welcome to PL. You'll get lots of good advice here, but you must appreciate that we have a membership that spans the entire globe. Each counrty has specific laws relating to laser use, particularly if you intend using them in a public space.

If you can fill out your profile with your approximate location we will be able to centre our advice based on your location. Otherwise you'll end up getting advice which may not be relevant to your country.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Was looking at this one, any thoughts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/800mW-RGB-...item2c5f8fe40d

Thanks.

Hi Kel19700. Welcome to PL!

For graphics (like you are interested in doing), a lot of power is not necessary. RGB's advice above is pretty decent. the 200mW/green *may* need a little more power if the area is well lit and projecting longer distances. but for "average" lighting and distances (say up to 100 feet or so) 200mW is ok. More power is never hurt anyone though!

If it were me, i would look into the 500mW minimum green range. and the 1.5W range for an RGB system.

The BIGGEST questions are:

1) Where are you located? (city, state, country) This will let us know if you have to deal with the USA regulatory obstacles.
    2) What is your budget.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thanks Guys,

Im in the UK, as for budget up to about 800gpb

O.K., relatively simple then...

The best advice I can give you is to contact Rob at Stanwax Laser.

http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/

Rob's a great guy and he'll pretty much fit you up with everything you need all at a reasonable price. You'll also get plenty of after sales support which is very important in this game.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Or give Martin a try. He's a member of this forum too.

SYNCHROVISION Laser Art Ltd
    (represents KVANT in the UK)
    E-mail: info@synchrovision.co.uk
    Web: www.synchrovision.co.uk

Hmmm.... You aint going to get a Kvant for £800.... In fact I think Rob may also be struggling to provide anything with a decent laser and scaners for that budget. However, I suggest you contact both suppliers and see what's on offer.