Thread: Total noob needs help :D

Default Total noob needs help :D

Hello,
    I was looking for some help from some pro laser users
    I've bought an RGBv 1000mW laser a couple of years ago, when i received the laser i've used it for a couple of months, and all goes smooth,than i've put it back in his case.
    Today i took it out to make some test because i'll need to use it for a show within a couple of weeks ... but something strange happened...
    I can't see the blue component of the light... so i made some more test, trying to change pc, interface or running it without anything (automatic mode)
    but nothing seems to change. so i opened it up and i've found that blue lasers are blinking ... and red laser is out of focus ...

focussing the red laser shouldn't be a problem ...but what could have happened to the blue ones?

i've made also a video ... so maybe you guys can figure out something

Any help would be really apreciated
    Last edited by xqtm; 10-12-2011 at 13:47.

HI

Always good to know where you are , roughly , even a country helps in case theres someone local who can help.

great idea the video ...im sure some experts will come along but i have a similiar "twinkling" blue issue and it was the power supply ( when replaced worked fine again ) , could also be a failing driver , or diode but im sure some other people can offer some tests to narrow down the issue

"bought an RGBv 1000mA laser a couple of years" , im pretty sure you mean 1000mW , if theres a manufacture advisable to detail that info

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

ye sorry 1000mW i'll edit the post
    anyway i'm from italy

... as far as i can see my laser mounts this galvo scanner with the ilda interface ecc :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/30Kpps-Galvo-...#ht_3799wt_905

2 blue module like this :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/12V-445nm-450...#ht_2846wt_905

1 red module and one green module bit bigger than the blue ones...

I'm more oriented to the TTL signal or what ever signal they receive, because both are in sync... can't be a diode broken with both diodes in sync... maybe the power module, but the four diodes shares the same power supply ...

Hey

Yer troubleshooting yourself ! , you have eliminated diode , as of course your right , both wouldnt twinkle if only ones at fault :-)

Sounds like easiest issue to test is to try another power power to the blues , is that possible for you

I know theres a few italian members , sure someone will be along to help you soon.

paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

was the power supply i would never thought about it.. thanks