Thread: too quiet

Default too quiet

So I have a fun question. What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you at a show?

I've only done 4 but my last one there was so much bass that a cable came undone and I lost my green at the last hr. I thought it just died. I've heard of galvo mirrors flying off?

Take your Pick, Mirrors going flying, Hoses popping off, Passbank exploding, Head started arching, Condensation problems with the tube....Fog machine pumping fluid on floor after an internal hose popped off, Effects poppin in and NOT back out all night, Climbing up to move them out manually all night.

Oh My, this could take awhile! LOL
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

my most ebarrassing moment on a show is, uhmm, not having been to one, yet, :lol:
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

Ever lose audio out in the middle of a climactic set of frames? Happens to make a crazy moment!! Actually it went over without a hitch.....seemed to focus attention on the graphic.....we never told any different.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Default Re: too quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DjDevNull
    I've only done 4 but my last one there was so much bass that a cable came undone and I lost my green at the last hr.
    Always a good practise to use hot glue to fix cables into sockets firmly. Whilst it holds the cable in firmly, its always easy to peel the glue off, if the plug needs to be removed.. For my day job, repairing pro audio gear, the hot glue is a valuable tool 8)
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

My Spectra-Physics 168 white light laser got badly shaken on the way to the Laser show and the optics got knocked out of alignment so it didn't lase when I fired it up. Not a good time to align optics.
    I swapped it out with my SP 164 Argon so didn't have Red but at least the show could go on.It was a charity fundraiser for my neighbour who got burned out of his house for 8 months until damages could be repaired
    ( their dog died in that fire, rather sad ).

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010