Thread: Please help convert 2 images to .ild format

Default Please help convert 2 images to .ild format

Hello Laserists, I'm donating a free live laser show to my local community this Saturday night at a Relay for Life of Simi Valley Cancer awareness event. They asked if I can project 2 logos for them, the Pink ribbon and the logo in the upper left corner at www.simirelay.com, I also attached them here. They just want the logos, the words can be omitted. I have a Pangolin Intro 2000 system but not familiar what the most efficient way to convert these images is. If someone could kindly assist me by sending the convert frame files or laying out some quick and easy steps to convert the images, I'd greatly appreciate the help!

-Aje

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clip.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	28032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clip_2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	28033

Hey Aje! For the ribbon I would just hand trace it with the polygon tool; I can bust that one out for you easily. The logo might do ok using TraceIt but it might need a run through ILDSOS, or possibly Inkscape and then ILDSOS; I think hand tracing it mightvleave you with too many points. Let me check em out.

You coming out it LDI this year?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hey allthat, thanks so much for your quick reply and help. We have till Saturday evening so hopefully that's enough time... I haven't been to LDI in many years, probably won't make it. Working mostly in a different industry now selling vaporizers instead, going to "those" kinds of conventions instead

Cool

Yea, I believe it was 2007 when I met you with Hayden at the audience scanning seminar.

Here is the Pink Ribbon; I made it in .ild so anyone can have it. It is a simple hand trace in LD2000; no SOS. I'll try the logo now; if you don't need the words it should be easier.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah no words is fine, keep it easy, simple, they will be happy. Thanks again

Lightbulb

You may want to play with this one a bit; it has just under 2000 and is a bit flickery. I don't have drlava's magic SOS installed since an OS reinstall or I'd try to optimize it a bit. I made it an .ild, so if someone wants to run it through ILDSOS and post it back up that might help it a bit.

I actually put a couple of items in there that you could remove, "ACS", and the sword, that would reduce the point count enough that it doesn't flicker much.

edit:
    Looks like I missed part of the sword when I changed it from red to white; red is easier to trace this one with as it contrasted with the background. You might want to change that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you again allthat, I just saved them to my micro sd card and will try them out at the show in a few hours, will take some images to try and capture your work in action!

-Aje