Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guangzhou Yoline Electronics Equipment Co., Ltd

Default Guangzhou Yoline Electronics Equipment Co., Ltd

So about a month ago I sold my old laser projector and wanted to purchase a new one. I have a mobile disco so I need one.

I'm new here, and this was just before I discovered this forum. If it was after, I might not have bought this particular projector, or buy from this seller. But I did, and this was my experience.

I have bought many items from China, not just laser products. Most purchases not laser related. My favorite place to purchase Chinese products from is www.aliexpress.com as they have a Escrow system, and have many vendors that sells through them.

Yoline caught my eye, and this projector in particular:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/9045...RGB-laser.html

I ordered and paid for it, and within a hour I had a email confirming my order from Aliexpress. Within 24 Hours I received another email from Aliexpress stating that my payment had been processed successfully and that the order had been placed with Yoline. Practically immediately I received a email from Anna at Yoline saying they have received my order and will send me a tracking number once its shipped.

What I like about dealing through Aliexpress is that you can check on your order's progress at anytime, and leave a message for the seller. Anna always replied to me in a reasonable time frame. I had a few questions and requests along the way. Aliexpress also has a MSN type chat program that you can use to speak to any seller directly in real time.

Anyhow, they shipped in 4 days and sent the laser by DHL. Laser arrived in another 4 days as there was a weekend in between.

Laser arrived and I was over the moon. Like a kid at xmas. Opened the package, and omg it was broken. Nothing due to the seller. Cabling and everything was very neat inside. It must have been damaged in transit. DHL must have dropped it from a very high as the brass spacers/studs that attach the 5mm aluminium plate to the chassis were sheered right off against the aluminium plate.

Damn, my heart sank into stomach as I thought my problems had just started.

I took pictures and sent to Anna immediately. She apologized and said they would take it up with DHL. She came back to me a day or 2 later and said that DHL would have no part of it. They said I shouldn't have opened the package. How do you know something is going to be faulty without opening it first? She asked if I could contact DHL on my side and see if I can get them to send the projector back. I didn't like the idea, but did and they also wouldn't hear about my problems. They wanted to charge me $225 to send back just the board and diodes.

DHL -100000 rep points. Bastards

Anyway, in the mean time I took some "press stick" and stuck the aluminium board into place and returned all the loose cables. When I turned it on it worked except one of the fans on a diode was very noisy. No doubt damaged by all the shaking and bumping around inside the projector. The blue diode was also not aligned anymore. I notified and sent Anna more photo's and video.

A few days before the long Chinese holidays that just took place Anna contacted me and said that she tried everything she could, but DHL wouldn't budge. She pointed out that she will be losing money but will send me a new unit if I paid $95-00 shipping. I was quite worried / pissed off at this point, but didn't protest and paid another $95-00 over to Aliexpress for Yoline. Anna contacted me again and said that they are busy with a big light show at the moment and will send my package off after the public holidays on the 8th of October.

I thought $95 shipping for a aluminium plate and some brass spacers was expensive as the original shipping was only $53-00. But if it was what it was going to take to get a fixed projector then I will do that. Keep in mind that Yoline also still not been paid yet. I opened a dispute on Aliexpress preventing their payment.

On the 12th of October the package was delivered. Not by DHL this time.

This package was much too big to be just a board so I thought they sent it already mounted and that I would need to move over the other insides. Not a happy thought.

I opened the package and low and behold. They sent me a brand spanking new projector. In perfect working order.

So now I have 1 perfectly working projector, and a 2nd that is not. But the parts can still be used in other projects that I am interested in. Or I might just try fix it.

In the end I would say Yoline is a good honorable seller that is reasonable and do what they need to do to keep the customer happy. Very rare these days.

I am sure 99% of other companies would have forced me to return the faulty unit back to them at my cost, which would have left a very sour taste, even if they did replaced it with another unit.

I don't have software to do any specific testing on the projector at this point. It works very well and there are some very nice ild files on the sd card that it projects nicely. I have QS on the way tho and will do some better testing then. For what I paid I am happy with what I got.

Shiping damage sucks. The USPS insurance claims are often denied even when they seem to be clearly at fault. USP smashes many,many things. FEDEX is the best and that is why they are the most expensive. You are lucky the company was so nice; I wish we were all so lucky. Phil, 142laaser
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Yes I know I was very lucky.That's what I though i'd put in a good word for them. I had less then favorable results from a company called Casa before. I wouldn't buy from them again.

This Yoline company sent me a sales special today that's valid until the end of the month. They selling their 1w projector for only R480-00 the assholes. That's cheaper then I paid them for my 700mw. I think it would be worth paying extra for the sd card reader in it too. You get bunches of ild files on the sd card that is much better then the build it graphics.

1000mwRGB Animation laser

"R500mw/638nm G150mw/532nm B400mw/447nm"

$480

"1.Voltage:AC110V/230V 50~60HZ±10%
    2.Power consumption:20W
    3.Laser source:Solid semi-conductor laser generator
    4.Modulating signal:TTL 0~20K
    5.Laser effects:Animation,layers, tunnels,fences,waves etc
    6.DMX Channel:18CH
    7.Laser patterns:built-in 128 pcs laser animation patterns
    8.Control signalMX-512 signal & ILDA signal
    9.Scanner angle:±20 degree
    11.Operation environment:indoor
    12.Working term:10°C~30°C"

Default hmmm

pics of the inside of the projector you got please?

great to hear everything turned out ok at final
    the dispute programs like on aliexpress and paypal/ebay are strong tools for buyers and especially when buying from china

many companies would let you send back the projector otherwise you wont get a replacement projector or refund.
    Yoline didnt so thumbs up for them

Smile Photos

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of town.

You simply have to have protection these days else you're at the sellers mercy. I like the whole Escrow idea as the seller doesn't get any money until you receive your product. Puts a bit of an urgency on it for them too. They also have a rating system where you can check a seller out before purchasing. I also always ensure that the seller is verified by aliexpress before purchasing from them. Aliexpress charges them to become verified, and actually sends an inspector to the sellers premises to ensure that the seller isn't a scam. Anyhow, I am sure most have done their homework on buying from China by now.

I received the Quickshow that I ordered from Spacelas and have done 2 gigs already. Thanks to everyone that suggested I just take the bullet and buy QS instead of alternatives. QS is so easy to use. After only one day, I was confident enough to do a 21st Birthday with it. I only ran it in LJ mode. But not much more was required. I was DJing and didn't have time to mess around with it much more then that anyway. The quick text is easy and effective to use. Everyone loved it. Its nice to have a big venue where you can project a large area above the crowd. Had a few old folks get chairs and sit against the back wall watching the laser. Every time I turn it off they would make their way off, and sure as hell when I turn it on again they came back. Very funny.

After the 2 gigs the only problem I have with the laser is the beam thickness issue. The blue and red beams are hell of a thick compared to the green. They also not perfectly aligned and sometimes make double images. The worst part is the dichros are glued so that they can't be move. I am sure one could request they do not glue these so you can adjust or remove them without difficulty. I will have to buy another set of proper 3d dichros, 2 sets and I can get the original faulty unit working properly again too.

Below are a few pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0273.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	28384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0272.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	379.1 KB 
ID:	28381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0269.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	218.9 KB 
ID:	28380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0267.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	338.8 KB 
ID:	28379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0265.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	345.9 KB 
ID:	28378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0264.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	342.3 KB 
ID:	28377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0263.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	28376

Wow ... Nice little review there .... Just put an order in for one of these units to play with myself ... 638nm red module .... better than most other flebay sellers that offer rgb projectors with 650 only ... next step is to have a look to see if these babys are easily converted to analog

-Brett

You will be happy with the product. Its a great buy Remember to ask them to not glue the dichros down, else you will struggle to fine tune them. If you suss out how to convert to Analog, please share. I am interested in that too.

Peaces,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Greefever View Post
    You will be happy with the product. Its a great buy Remember to ask them to not glue the dichros down, else you will struggle to fine tune them. If you suss out how to convert to Analog, please share. I am interested in that too.

Peaces,

Steve
    Have you had a look at the Diode driver boards as there might even be Jumper pins / headers on there for analog modulation ... There are photos of the drivers on their website but i cant zoom in close enough to tell.

-Brett

I popped the faulty one and took some pics so you can have a better look. I'm not sure what to look for myself

Name:	IMAG0290.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	424.8 KB 
ID:	28433

Name:	IMAG0291.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	335.7 KB 
ID:	28434