Thread: Jem's Clearout Sale - Part 2

Default Jem's Clearout Sale - Part 2

More stuff...

First up is this beautiful brand new (old stock) HeNe laser. I've just metered it at well over 30mW after warm up. This is a perfect laser for holography. I have the original packing case and it will be shipped in that. Not sure how much to ask for this beauty, but I figure if I price it at a reasonable £700 (plus shipping) it ought to pique some interest, let me know what you think.

Next up is this nice little single line argon, complete with 115v power supply. I have a 240v transformer capable of supplying all the juice this needs, only thing is it's bl**dy heavy! Probably best to sell this to someone in the UK, even better if it could be collected in person. It outputs ~20mW at 488nm and the beam is beeeeeuuuuutiful . How about £50?

This next laser is a real thing of beauty. It's a HeCd laser complete with power supply for 240v AC (not sure if it can be switched to 115v), again this really needs to go to someone in the UK. When this laser goes through it's startup sequence you can see the Cd moving along the glass tube... That is something to behold. Of course, you have to remove the cover to see this and there are lethal voltages in there... So be careful. However, for that few seconds alone this thing is worth the money. But hey, as a bonus you also get some nice coherent photon's out... Not a lot as this beast is only rated at ~10mW, but it's a few mW in a beautiful package It's going to break my heart to see this one go, but hopefully someone else will get as much enjoyment as i've had during the time i've owned it. Looking for £150 o.n.o. *** SOLD Pending Payment ***

That's it for now.... More later

Items have also been listed on the Holoforum.

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 10-18-2011 at 23:00.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I remember processing plasma tubes for LiConix, and trying my best to avoid seeing the cadmium go down the bore in chunks! Large concentrations of it would accelerate the growth of deposits that eventually go into the path. Also, it continues on past the bend at the cathode and coats the Brewster window. That's where the power goes! It IS fun to watch though. 8^)

Interested in the HeCd Jem ... was going to buy it when it was for sale originally actually.

I get paid in 10 days - if it's not gone by then I'll give you a shout.

For now, can I have some pictures of the guts if you get a moment to snap some?

Adam, I've PM'd you

Also, Forgot to put a price in for the Argon (now amended). How does £50 (plus postage) sound?
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

HeCd is now sold pending payment.

OK, what's on the cards then Jem? What's replacing all this gumpf

Laserscope????
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Nah, just had a huge bill for the Landy , well, that and I decided I was getting faaar too much stuff and really needed a clearout. I'll be sorry to see some of the stuff go, but I need more space in my shed for holography . Every time I go in there i'm having to shift stuff around and make room, it was getting irritating

Did the HeCd ever sell Jem?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Yep, it now has a new home.