Thread: Jean Michel Jarre 2009 vs 2011 where did the audience scanning go?

Unhappy Jean Michel Jarre 2009 vs 2011 where did the audience scanning go?

I went to Jean Michel Jarre in Oslo Spectrum a few days ago and expected something like this:

And instead i got this:

Nicer colors but where dit the audience scanning go?

I don't know who did this show, but I do know in france it was Laserimage. And because audiance scanning is banned in france they stopped audiance scanning in france.

Maybe because they cannot audiance scan in france they decided to make all shows equal.

In the UK audience safety was assessed by an independent laser safety expert. The decision whether or not to audience scan was decicided on a 'per venue' basis, thus some venues got audience scanning whilst others did not. Perhaps it was the specific venue that was problematic.

As in McCarrot's post above it was Hugo Bunk from Laserimage that provided the lasers for the UK tour... and very nice they were too

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Nice! Those are brand new projectors putting out at least 15W per piece (more like 20W really). That's a lot of power to audience scan.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Nice! Those are brand new projectors putting out at least 15W per piece (more like 20W really). That's a lot of power to audience scan.
    It all depend on the factors.

Your home made 2W projector will do more harm to your eyes at 10 meters distance than a 20W laser will do at 40 meters!

Sure, i just meant that maybe in smaller arenas they would decide not to audience scan ...

I never do Audience scan on my shows anymore !
    After not doing it the last 3-4 times, I did one night try to do it the last 30 minutes, and I was myself on the floor!! it was terrible !!

The best part is if the lasers is places at 180-190cm above ground (over head) then the effects will be best!

I still don't believe anything comes close to an audience scanned show. However, it needs to be done safely.

I've not been in front of my own projector at all yet for that very reason. I'm not risking 2.8 watts into my eyes without 1st establishing some kind of safety / BAM / Divergence combionation to guarantee my safety.