Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: C**** a 240 projectors.

Default C**** a 240 projectors.

Has anyone bought the a240 from our favorite projector manufacturer?

Wondering if there is any difference with the diode block?

Thanks,
    chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Exclamation Yes... Any PL'ers get / mess with these, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Has anyone bought the a240 from our favorite projector manufacturer?
    Yep - We need to know, asap - especially, as Chad has asked, if there is any 'difference' with the diode block? ie: Diodes 'potted' or other PITA-methods of 'discouraging harvests'...

If-not, does anyone in here have 1-2 *complete* A 140s. they'd sell? ...NOT interested in 130s, 150s or 'indie-diodes', Sorry.... please PM me, asap - these are getting more and more difficult to find... traditional Retail / online outlets are all 'out of stock', even 'ebayer's' ie: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-XJ-M14...item3367bc9821 are out...

...We heard from one reseller that (quote) "...C@$10 has *recalled* the A140s (..and probably, the 130s / 150s, too..) and they won't be shipping 'replacements' till mid-Nov. " (!) and this 'recall' is a 'recent-dev...', according to the one reseller...

So... Thanks...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

thank god i still got 2 a140 projectors sitting backup and 12 diodes left from my third.
    I hope that these are not the last of our diodes.
    But then again these 50$ diodes could go for as much as 100 to 200$ if they are that hard to extract.

sorry lie its the m140 ive tested and diodes are same as a140
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Question

Sir Con...

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    sorry lie its the m140 ive tested and diodes are same as a140
    Yes, figured as-much, the question of the hour was, if there is any 'difference' with the diode block? ie: Diodes 'potted' or other PITA-methods of 'discouraging harvest', etc... I'm gonna go-with: 'no, they're the same / easy as-pie to-extract', but I'd rather hear that from someone that's *done* it, vs drop the 800+ quid just to find-out otherwise...

And, indeed, I've had yet another reseller 'confirm the recall' - this guy, http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=220876990288 shows 'stock', but he just answered am email asking to confirm-stock, and said 'nope, they've been recalled...' (...so, not sure what, exactly, he's still selling... but, anyhoo...)

...I'm gonna see if he'll send me a copy of the 'recall notice' from C@$, so we can see the wording, just out of interest... knew it was bound to-happen, sooner or later, and quite frankly, that's fine with me, personally - any *consumer* product that you can unscrew a few phillips-head screws, tape a micro-switch down, and have access to 24 Watts of 445, is not a 'safe' consumer-level product, imo... even if these things showed-up potted / with a hard-core 'chastity-belt' around the blok
    ..I'm sure the PL-community would still-have found a way to 'crack' it / harvest gainfully, etc...

...Oh.. just noticed your 'correction' - So, you're saying the M140:

..uses the *same* blok as the A140s? Or is it 'larger' / different, at-all?... Please confirm...

Thx...
    j

the m140 has a bigger alum block but same diodes. a little harder to get the diodes out alot of the screws are glued in.

i had to use the milling machine to drill some of the screws out, but wasnt that much effort.

as i said if you need and diode blocks let me know as i can get hold of them and blocks only not projectors
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

..we're after 'virgin' blox, stuffed w/diodes, wires / knife-edger assy. / first-order lens - basically, the entire Blue-generating 'engine'... the rest of the proggy: in the bin...

You got any pix of the M140 block? ..just for 'ref-sake'...

Lemme know Sir Con, and/or anyone out there, that has a whole virgin A140 Blue-engine and/or complete A140 they'd part-with.. I might wanna check out the M140 'engines' on the next go...

Thex
    cheers..
    j

errr somewhere let me go search
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks andy! you rock! looks like they needed more cooling.

chad
    Last edited by chad; 10-20-2011 at 14:22.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.