Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: intro - Dallas TX

Forgot to say

WELCOME to PL.
    looking fwd to becoming old friends at TEXLEM.

I plan to arrive as early as allowed for set up and staying until there is no sign of us having been there remains.
    Best insurance for TEXLEM 2013 at URBAN 15.

We may have need for items to be put in your truck bed for use at TEXLEM. Carpooling is only smart with todays gas prices.

cheerz

len

@hakzaw1: Thanks! Hope to become friends, and as for the truck bed - see pic. The bed is about 10-11FT long, have not measured it.. Things should be cased or boxed so they can be tied down, or could be put inside a 'ring of crates'. I have tie-downs and a tarp, not responsible for damage or loss. Feel free to bring your own tie downs as well. There are never enough on a flatbed. I'm in south oak cliff near Lancaster @ Ledbetter in Dallas.

What were you wanting to bring? Can you bring it to my place or does it have to be picked up?

Cab seats 2 in front and it has a full back seat but there is not much leg room in the back as it is one of those crew cabs with the small back doors. It is plenty wide though.
    It is a commercial truck and rides like one. However, the view down into passing sports cars is sometimes really good.
    There will be smoking and the way I do it nearly all goes out the drivers window so most people don't complain.
    Arriving early is a great goal. I'll be off Friday so I would guess preload Thursday night and tarp it or, (less desirable) Friday AM @ 0-dark-thirty load up any pre-staged cargo and head south.
    I might not be able to stay until the late moment you are describing but can stay till Sunday afternoon so as to get home at a reasonable hour for Monday work. If that is an unworkable issue I could take off Monday.

It is diesel & sharing fuel costs would be helpful (40-48 gallons estimated depending on traffic and speed on the 556 miles round trip). My friend Jacob is a student and won't have any $ except for the event costs, lucky him. The best value is to fully load the bed. Capacity is 2 tons. I will have my stuff mainly in 'trade show crates' except a couple large items -if anyone wants them brought. Planning on bringing at least one table, 2 chairs, and a 800 lb capacity cart.

PMs OK for discussing, or xch phone # via & e-mail

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_9983.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	28745

sidewalk sale:
    I have not been in a decade. The computers sort of took over, it used to be serious electronics hardware. I couldn't get excited about buying used computer parts, it was too much like buying used appliance parts! Does anyone recall during the early 1980's (before all the fences and the fees and more fees), there was a guy with a big green step-van under the overpass selling used Hitachi HeNe tubes for $20 each? Those were the days. Park free, sell free.

Last sidewalk sale that I went to was either 89 or 90.... even back then, it was a lot of computer parts. I did get a HeNe tube every now and then, resonant galvos, etc.

Wonder if Sugeek went? He mentioned reporting back on his findings.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Its Tuesday.. had time to write a really good report by now! - I'd sure like to know what the SS is like these days. What was that about it moving? It is on valuable real estate -all those parking lots.

Didn't intend to ward off possible use of the truck due to it being a thirsty pig if that is what happened, but we still have a long way until February. I'm bringing it anyway, it is my daily driver.