Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intro - Dallas TX

Post intro - Dallas TX

Hello from the BunkerOfDoom, Texas
    I've been lurking here and at LPF for a long time and finally had something interesting enough to post about. LPF sent me here actually, excimer does not seem to be their bag. Anyway an excimer head turned up, which is not the most typical thing to find lying around. I thought others might enjoy seeing it.

So I may as well introduce myself in some way. I operate bunkerofdoom.com, an electronics hobbyist website for those who use high voltages, tubes, and RF stuff. No ads, message board, or registration. Pretty much a document/download resource that people are also free to contribute to.

I use lasers as occasional tools and so there's only a little laser info in the hobby-oriented Bunker but maybe that will change if I can devote more time to this interesting subject. Hope to pick up some good knowledge here and help where I can, which is mainly high voltage and power electronics.
    My favorite hobby/study laser is the CO2 and flowing TE types followed by diodes and arrays. Favorite laser books are Anderson's and Losev's volumes on gasdynamic lasers but I admit those lasers are far out of my reach and experience. Maybe it is the elegance of the application that make them so attractive.

In ancient times, I serviced laserdisc players under warranty and used to replace 5-10 HeNe tubes a week when they fell to 0.9mW and could not be used to read the discs any more. Only 0.4mW was available from the lens on those old players after all the optics. Rebuilding and aligning the optical platform was always enjoyable work and in those times a good used HeNe tube was not a common item; was still considered high tech and most people had never seen a traditional red dot in person. Since, I've worked with N2, CO2, TEA CO2, Nd:YAG, and lately the cheezy green DPSS that every kid seems to have.

I'd like to meet with others in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, if any such meetings are scheduled. I'll check the posts here in this section.

Thanks to the owners for the BBS.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Best news I've seen today!

I am not located in Dallas (GBTP/DNTW). I might have time to sneak out of the house soon, new kiddo and job are taking up most of my time. Maybe next time Displacer is up here for business we can have a mini-lem or just beer, water or something.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Hello Opcom, welcome to the forum. Always good to see the list of Texas members growing.

As Adam mentioned, a mini-LEM would be cool if we can make it happen. TEXLEM will be here soon as well.

Greg
    Last edited by Displaser; 10-22-2011 at 07:34.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Hey Dallas area folks....

Have any of you checked this out recently?

www.sidewalksale.com

I used to go 20 years ago when I lived in Dallas. Lots of good stuff. Might be worth a road trip/mini-LEM?

Greg

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post

www.sidewalksale.com

I used to go 20 years ago when I lived in Dallas. Lots of good stuff. Might be worth a road trip/mini-LEM?

Greg
    Bookmarked... I now have plans for the 4th-5th

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

www.sidewalksale.com

Greg

HMMMMMMMM sale by day and mini laser meet at night?? (I'm in if carpooling and cheap room to crash is available???)

www.sidewalksale.com

Greg
    I am going tonight I will let you know how it is... Next month it moves to a new location.

Peas,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I am going tonight I will let you know how it is... Next month it moves to a new location.

Peas,
    Adam
    Adam,

Please do. Hopefully you will find more than just pc parts.

Greg

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon