Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My last performance...

The name of movie's song is "Mansion", performed by Gareth Emery & Ashley Wallbridge.
    VLJ was coming from staff of GSA Club, an Italian entertainment Co. They had about 40 PAR-LED (10x3W each PAR) and some other LED scanner/moving heads.
    Light stage was controlled by n°5 DMX controller (196 channels each).
    About video projector and video editing software used.... Sorry... I can not tell more than its mark: a Philips LED projector.

Laserbeam would be an original and secret surprise for the audience.
    This has been specifically requested to me from the manager of the event.
    None of them (audience) knew of the laser: when people came in the room, it was dark. Only few weak lights was on.

If I had stopped the beamshow when seeing people go stand on chairs or just stand up..... surprise would be ruined.
    Yes... I also tried to warn people closest to me about laser danger (screaming into their ear because the music volume...), but... too many people was drunk or over-excited (because there has been a dinner before events!)... So... My words have gone lost with the smoke inside the room......
    Anyway I can surely say that at least 95% of audience was looking back, toward images projected to the wall (all images were from QuickShow workspace).

There were three smoke machines, no hazer/fazer machines. The smallest (I think 500W) was on the main stage, another one was under the light director desk (in the centre of the room) and its output was toward the stage. The biggest one ( I think 1000W) was just under the stage, centrally positioned, output toward audience. To be sincere I also told to the light director about the smoke: too much smoke into room, no good for a laser exibition. But he also seemed to be a little over-excited as the most part of audience....so he continued to shoot smoke every 2-3 minutes...

That's all!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

I think its was a great show and its good to learn. Most hobbyists do shows without having any clue about safety. So a little more safe upfront and its perfect. At least everyone had a great time and enjoyed your show.

QS has some really good beam effects if it's standard workspace, inspiring!