Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MWK?

I worked there for a little while. Steve is correct. The bread and butter for MWK was the HeNe sales and air cooled argon sales. We would occasionally sell the larger frame SP heads and PSUs, but diodes and chinese lasers killed off a lot of sales. Mike Kenny, last I heard was just selling off the bits of stuff that he had available on eBay. All of the old crew has disappeared... Mike, Ernie, Martin......
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Ran across this thread in searching for past friends. This is Martin, I worked for MWK Industries for over seven years, starting with just Mike and myself in a 500 square foot shop in Anaheim, CA, that was constantly filled floor to ceiling with boxes of used HeNe's, PSU's, Americal Laser Argons, and later a big batch of SP 108 Argons and Kryptons. We hired a couple more people, ran out of room, and moved the business to Corona. We were doing great for a few years, our only real competition was Meredith Instruments in Arizona (Dennis Meredith is a real nice guy, still in business, see him at http://www.mi-lasers.com). Unfortunately, due to some financial mismanagement on Mike's part, the company had to do some extreme cut-backs, which included laying off most of the crew, myself included.

Hi MacGrafix, welcome to PL!
    I'm wondering, how is Mike and what is he up to now?

Hi Martin,
    Wow, i remember walking into the MWK store, Corona a few times, sometime back in the early 90'S, i purchased a 60x, a few Hene's, and a "diy" laser / computer , controller.
    Great service!....

Carlos
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

HEY ALL, I purchased a couple 60x's before things fell apart. As far as I know Mike is HENE1 on ebay. I do have some phone numbers, if I can find them. I must say , great doing business with him.
    BIRDMAN

I ran into Mike when he was working for Dean at Nitelite in Moorpark, California a few years back. Dean might have Mike's contact info... or at least fairly recent. Hope this helps!