Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New EYEMAGIC Scanners EMS7000

Almost ordered too, just waiting on drawings to be sure it will fit in my projector case.
    Now we just need to find a decent symmetrical +-24v power supply. Any idea on this? I can build a simple one with a toroidal transfo as advised by Tom but I'd like to know if there is already existing solutions...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Now we just need to find a decent symmetrical +-24v power supply. Any idea on this? I can build a simple one with a toroidal transfo as advised by Tom but I'd like to know if there is already existing solutions...
    Good question, I just spent an hour searching with no luck yet.

there was a small number of threads with some suggestions here lately

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...?highlight=24v

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...?highlight=24v

i have to say i envy you guys!!! i hope you get all the joy possible from your purchase
    "its called character briggs..."

After another hour of searching I came to the conclusion to probably go with 2 single PSUs.

I spent some time searching too and found nothing great.

What about an home-made symmetrical linear power supply? I will cost less than 2x single switching PSU, and will be less big too. Just the weight will be higher because of the toroidal transformator. Also it will have less noise/ripple and more instant current to deliver...
    That's just 1 transfo, 2 bridge rectifiers, 2 6800uF/35V capacitors, fuses and a few connectors... I'm tempted to build it on a veroboard, but it would be nicer on a proper PCB! Who could make great PCB?

I spent some time searching too and found nothing great.

What about an home-made symmetrical linear power supply? I will cost less than 2x single switching PSU, and will be less big too. Just the weight will be higher because of the toroidal transformator. Also it will have less noise/ripple and more instant current to deliver...
    That's just 1 transfo, 2 bridge rectifiers, 2 6800uF/35V capacitors, fuses and a few connectors... I'm tempted to build it on a veroboard, but it would be nicer on a proper PCB! Who could make great PCB?
    The more I think about it the more I think you're right. I got most of the parts neccesary here, if not everything. I think I'm going to take a quick look.
    Yeah I think those scanners will also profit from the better rise times...

Yeah I know, I'm always right Except when I'm wrong

Well I will first order the scanners before building the PSU, but I think I will go that route too.
    I'm just wondering if an unregulated PSU like this will not be an issues, as the no-load voltage will peak at around 28V. But if Tom is saying it will work, I guess it will work...

BTW did you know if the EMS7000 scanners are in stock, ready to ship? I forgot to ask...

Wait... I was saying to myself that lasers are sometimes similar to audio world, and I had the idea to go in an audio shop looking for some DIY stuffs...
    And there is many interesting things! Like this one is a complete switching PSU with symetric +-24V output, a bit overkill at 300W but for 60€ seems nice.

Or this one is just the PCB for capacitors/rectifiers, only 9€.

like this one is a complete switching psu with symetric +-24v output, a bit overkill at 300w but for 60€ seems nice.
    !!! Nice find !!!

Hey guys, I spoke to Tom and he was happy to do a volume discount for a group buy.
    I'm sure you guys know the price breaks already but if not speak to Tom or PM me if interested.

Even the price break for 3units is worth it. Sounds like Tom will help us make it easy so it won't be a difficult drawn out group buy.