Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast

Thread: New EYEMAGIC Scanners EMS7000

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Steve,
    I don't know about Nutfield. They have yet to follow up with the comparison they agreed to send. As a result I have not visited them although I will give them another shot by reminding them of my inquiry and we'll see. This Pangolin project is like water torture. Any idea on the release date? It's interesting that they are giving a price to that sig/fig without an approx release.
    The Saturn V scanners are released for use with existing amps and are available, just how available remains to be seen. You have to modify the amp input circuit as the Position Sensor output is a bit different then Cambridge, ie Common Cathode instead of Common Anode, I'd have to look at the drawings to confirm I have that connection stated correctly.

Some one like me will have to market a small sensor signal converter kit or service, to use these with existing amps. It is probably not just reversing a few connections on the input trans-impedance stage, the scale factor, offset, linearity, and bandwidth roll-off portions of existing amps will need TLC for these to work.

Pangolin also designed the mirror shape for identical inertia for X and Y yet with optimized beam path and increased scan angle before beam clipping. Somebody did really nice FEA math to optimize the mirror design. Evidently there are 4 possible mirror sets based on beam size.

Bill has developed a few other scanners using the core parts for V, so you can expect more variants soon.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-30-2013 at 13:59.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve are you allowed to say what the difference is between the V's and III's?

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Somebody probably videoed parts of the presentation, I was too busy trying to figure out all the engineering changes and innovations I need to pay attention to. And asking questions on bearings, lifetime, coils etc.

One thing is for darn sure, it will be a long while before anyone copies the new rotor material. Defying conventional wisdom, the new rotor must be stiffer, so it has a larger diameter. I'll have to check this, but if I remember right, he said stiffness scales as the cube of diameter.

There were other prototypes there for tiny, fast, actuators and small 30K galvos that may or may not make it to market.

I did not bring a notepad to write. I expected marketing speak, not an engineering Tour de Force. Bill will tell you I'm often critical and I speak my mind about his pre-release habits. However I was too bloody fascinated by what I saw to memorize specs. I got the impression Bill's passion for engineering and critical thinking has been re-lit by being part of his scanner development team. He is also paying attention to cost and volume. This is not a "boutique" product.

III appears to be a concept with prototypes.

I'd love to have my hands on a single V just to play with.
    I don't often say that about new hardware.

(oops, I'm talking like one of the FanBoiarty)

I'll see what is on the new marketing DVD they handed out.

Also the shirt with the amazing Girl is gone, the new "PangoBling" shirt is way different.

Now, I love my Eyemagics, so lets take this off to another thread. I don't want to threadjack Tom's new product. I have 3 sets of Greek Galvos, and I love them dearly. There needs to be credible competition for the industry to improve.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-30-2013 at 14:35.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Now, I love my Eyemagics, so lets take this off to another thread. I don't want to threadjack Tom's new product.
    OK agreed. But what is this about the EMS 8000s. This is the first I have heard of these. What is the difference?

The difference, is the rotor structure and magnets.

OK, what is the significance? Are all the EMS scanners now being sold either the 4000 series or the 8000 series? Do the 8000 series perform better than the 7000 series? Is this the same scanner as the new and improved 7000 series that was upgraded several months after it was first released or is this a new release?

Pictures? Specs? Anything? I don't understand why people post items that they "have" and don't bother posting anything tangible that we can look at. I am not saying that they don't exist but from this side of my screen, they don't exist.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Hi
    I can assure you that they do in fact exist.. The EMS8000
    As to the tech specs and details you will have to ask Tom.
    They don't come with any tech data sheet at all.
    My set so far so good.
    Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Update on Nutfield, I think the name may be apropos. I would not hold my breath waiting for these guys.

With respect to the EMS 8000s. This has to rank as nearly the worst marketing strategy I have ever seen. A "by the by" comment in a single post on a thread pertaining to the previous? model. No spec sheets, no acknowledgement on the website (hell, I can't even find the 7000's on the web site) and no announcement by the marketing rep, Tom. I truly believe that if and when Pangolin enters the market with a scanner SYSTEM that they should position themselves between the clones and CT. Or, maybe just above the clones. I think that will be the end of EMS.

I think that they prefer work with their longtime customers, they don't try to sell more as the have enough customers regarding their production capacities.

Moreover, they seem to keep the data for them in order to not be criticized/copied by Pangolin or by other competitors in each advertising attempt.

Of course, no announcement about the specs for potential customers is somewhat against productive...

--- www.neodym.be ---