Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New EYEMAGIC Scanners EMS7000

Dear Tom Kamaras,
    I am contacting you because of a thread at PL about your new EMS 7000 scanners. They are discussing a group buy and the opportunity of a discount on these scanners. I currently own a set of EMS 4000 scanners with the large, 9.5mm aperture optics. These scanners work very well and the large aperture is fully necessary to accommodate large diameter beams comprised of many individual diodes. Are you offering any mirror options other than the 5mm and 6.5mm mirrors? Also, the EMS 4000 design has permitted the scanners to be mounted in a non-orthogonal relationship allowing additional enhancement of usable aperture. It appears that the 7000 series may be constrained by a more conventional style corner mounting block. Can you confirm this?

Yes the mounting block of the new EMS7000 is a CTi-DT40-whatever-style block, not a Widemove-style with individual adjustment style. The whole block with connectors takes 72x72mm, 60mm height. And it has a 6mm hole on mount to fix it to the base plate, at the middle axis of the mirrors. No holes under the mount...

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Dear Tom Kamaras,
    I am contacting you because of a thread at PL about your new EMS 7000 scanners. They are discussing a group buy and the opportunity of a discount on these scanners. I currently own a set of EMS 4000 scanners with the large, 9.5mm aperture optics. These scanners work very well and the large aperture is fully necessary to accommodate large diameter beams comprised of many individual diodes. Are you offering any mirror options other than the 5mm and 6.5mm mirrors? Also, the EMS 4000 design has permitted the scanners to be mounted in a non-orthogonal relationship allowing additional enhancement of usable aperture. It appears that the 7000 series may be constrained by a more conventional style corner mounting block. Can you confirm this?
    Why would you want to degrade the EMS 7000 to a large aperture wide move when there are already cheaper solutions out there like the EMS 4000 that you already have? That's like buying a Ferrari just to go shopping on the weekends. The EMS 7000 should be categorized more down the line of a graphics scanner with wider angle capabilities. I don’t think that 60k scanners are necessary for beam shows for which large aperture wide angle 30k scanners are actually better suited.

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    These are probably going to turn out to be good scanners. The EMS 4000 scanners I own have been trouble free. The question is Greece. With the financial unrest there and these bailouts/referendum pending there may be more favorable exchange rates on the near horizon. Any European insight on this?
    Greece is holding a referendum on accepting the bailout in December I think. If it goes against and most Greeks are against it, then the Euro zone may break apart as Greece and several other countries may default on their debts. If that happens the Euro may go into free fall as more and more countries pull out of the single currency:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...lfs-Italy.html
    Last edited by White-Light; 11-03-2011 at 01:19. Reason: Dates wrong

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Greece is holding a referendum on accepting the bailout in December I think. If it goes against and most Greeks are against it, then the Euro zone may break apart as Greece and several other countries may default on their debts. If that happens the Euro may go into free fall as more and more countries pull out of the single currency:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...lfs-Italy.html
    A fall in the value of the Euro would may not affect US buyers in this group buy. If we are buying from our local distributors then we would be paying US dollars.

BIG THANKS TO KIT for pulling this together! Timing is perfect as I'm getting ready to build a new 5W projector.

A fall in the value of the Euro would may not affect US buyers in this group buy. If we are buying from our local distributors then we would be paying US dollars

yes... but...

Somewhere along the line, your local distributors are going to have to pay money to Greece, so the currency issues would filter down the line, nonetheless
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

My EMS scanners are very efficient,even at 100% nothing seems to get hot,just great quality stuff! I have 5 pairs.!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    yes... but...

Somewhere along the line, your local distributors are going to have to pay money to Greece, so the currency issues would filter down the line, nonetheless
    True. It could take a while for prices to filter down the line but you're right Norty that it could be worth it to wait.

Regarding my interest in the 7000 series with larger mirrors. Just as the 7000 small and medium optics versions will preform better than the 4000 series with the same size optics, I expect that at any aperture the 7000 series motors and drivers would represent an upgrade in performance. My projectors both do a mix of beam and graphics shows and the more powerful requires large optics to avoid telescopes and the increased divergence. "You can't have too much power, too little divergence or scanners that are too good"

On Greece, would U.S. purchasers be a special category and be compelled to deal through U.S. distributors as opposed to through Tom directly? In any case, a reduction in the cost from the manufacturer can only work to reduce the cost to the end user. I am not suggesting an interminable wait, but the events in Greece are moving very fast and within a week or two I suspect these short term events will have worked themselves out.

The motors of my 4000 series run very cool, but the driver boards run very hot and must be cooled with a good fan. Not a problem, but an important consideration.