Thread: Ebay Seller, Selling a kit?

Default Ebay Seller, Selling a kit?

I found this on ebay, I'm going to ask the seller exactly what comes in the box.

What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230013484464

Seems Strange he didnt put a picture of thes "PROFESSIONAL LASER GALVOS" on the ebay ad.... I wouldnt waist the money.. Probably some little coil deflectors that have no feedback and Ring like crazy...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

The responce back from the seller didn't answer any of my questions, instead he just posted the Ebay ad in the email.

I think I'll avoid this one.

My guess is that he's either selling cheap steppers, or else he's selling some really low scan angle open-loop galvos. (Like the GA-2's or something...) He's been running the same ad forever. (*many* months)

I agree that you're better off avoiding the auction. The software they show in the listing (the lissajous generator that outputs to the sound card) is available on the web anyway for free. (I think I've still got a copy somewhere if you'd like to play with it...) It's just a couple of oscillators, really. But you can make some neat designs with it. (Of couse, to drive a set of galvos you'd need to build an amp that took the line-out signal from your sound card and bumped it up to whatever your galvos could handle...)

Adam