Thread: DPSS back reflecting.

Default DPSS back reflecting.

Ok I have 2 of these 473's one has a CNI sticker on it but both are the same one is low power when I opened it and compare it to the other it's back reflecting from the crystal you can see this in the pic's you can see the blue in the center of the optics in one and not the other what I want to know if this is because of a cracked crystal because the other does'nt do this tell me what you think. Also on both laser warning lable's it give's max power at 10W would that be the output in 473 or the c-mout IR diode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Christmas 2011, 473 laser 027.JPG  

Christmas 2011, 473 laser 029.JPG  

that would put out 10watts of 473 right before going nuclear...

those things I think can put out a max of 50mW or so cant remember, theres a huge thread on LPF about them full of (some) good info

HEY,

IMO the AR-Coating on the crystal is gone/burned.

StarryEyed

I don't think the AR coating is gone cuz it's lasing blue back so it's goin in the crystal then comin back a crack would give me a surface that's uncoated in the crystal I'm goin to take the crystal holder off to see if it is also is it possibe to change out the crystal & c-mount to make a green or red. Here are some pic's of the label I don't think this thing is doin 10W but it look's like it's sayin it could it has 2 pelliitiers one on c-mount & crystal. Also the 1 that is good I don't have a power meter but if you put someting 3inches in front of it it burns I don't think a 50mW can do this or am I wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails module label 002.JPG  

module label 001.JPG  

Those are spec'd at 10mW, if I recall. They will do a little more with some tuning and the pickoff removed. This thread has some more info too.

@ mophead thanks for the direct to the thread. I still feel something aint right I bought the none working one & the fiber coupled in my begining thread in the pics the left is the low power & the right is the fibercoupled witch is a lot more powerfull beam. The left one is like the others I've see on here and LPF all back lasing the right one doesn't do it thats how it's supose to be.