Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need to copy Eprom of working Mobolazer ML-10

In this case my chip was repeatedly exposed to daylight (direct sunlight) before I realized the sticker had fallen off. Typically, the chip is exposed to UV intentionally to erase it to prepare it for new programming. I certainly wasn't trying to do that. In most cases, I don't think it's [being exposed to regular light] anything to worry about, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure the sticker doesn't fall off. I should also mention that the unit didn't stop working all at once, so it could easily be one of the other two issues Steve mentioned.

This is the most random thing I've heard of that could go wrong with a Mobolazer. As they say, you learn something new every day..

I too wouldn't mind picking one of the backup chips up, if some sort of 'group-buy-ish' situation ends up happening.

- Jonathan

I don't know how much this will turn into "group buy", but it will probably turn into "group copy" as long as John still has the time to do it... I checked out the chips on Jameco, and they are just as cheap as Steve said. However, I'd really like to check out those other things he mentioned first... if someone could explain how to check them. (See mixedgas' post).