Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS ColorSafe question

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default IRIS ColorSafe question

O.k. all you US laserists... if you have any knowledge of this particular system, is there any advantage to having one built into your projector with respect to CDRH?

The group buy of Eye Magic products is going to afford a great discount on these and I'm considering one but, don't know that much about it. I'm under the impression this is more of an advantage to those countries where audience scanning is easier to perform. I also wonder it's it's just another solution not unlike the Beam Attenuation Map in Pango or, the divergent lens system, or the PASS system or...whatever the latest and greatest invention is.

Thanks!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Never mind I guess. I think I answered my own question after searching the forum. Think I'll pass unless, someone wants to chime in with any new information.

the PASS system is the only ones Ive ever seen with a Variance in the US used for LEGAL audience scanning.

Hi Brad,
    I'm pretty sure Picasso's statement above is accurate. Even using a Pangolin PASS system it is a big task to be allowed to audience scan. Have a chat with Fred and Marc. I'm sure Fred has hands on experience with the IRIS and Marc has a very good grip on the legal side of things in the States.

Here in Western Australia our rules are almost as strict. I'm not counting on being able to audience scan here any time soon with either of these two top notch safety systems.

That said they are two systems that will cover your non audience scanning safety requirements very well.

The other part of the IRIS ColorSafe is of coarse the colour correction section. With this you can really sharpen up your graphics as it compensates real time for the varying modulation characteristics of the different lasers.

Combine this with you new 60k scanners and it would be hard to build a sharper graphics projector.

Default More questions...

@ Kit

Did you ever get around to installing your IRIS ColorSafe and testing the effect it had on output?

@ anyone with experience

Can the IRIS system be used with PASS? My assumption is yes because they operate at different ends of the chain. Why would I want to do that? Use the color correction of IRIS and safety of PASS.

How are the Stanwax color correction boards? Does anyone have the experience to compare the two methods of color correction?

My ultimate goal is the sickest, meanest graphics if that helps. Thanks.

_Sal_

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    @ Kit

Did you ever get around to installing your IRIS ColorSafe and testing the effect it had on output?

@ anyone with experience

Can the IRIS system be used with PASS? My assumption is yes because they operate at different ends of the chain. Why would I want to do that? Use the color correction of IRIS and safety of PASS.

How are the Stanwax color correction boards? Does anyone have the experience to compare the two methods of color correction?

My ultimate goal is the sickest, meanest graphics if that helps. Thanks.

_Sal_
    Hi Sal,
    No I haven't used it yet. I've only tested the loss from the AR pick off glass that sends part of the beam to the sensor. Its about 1% When I get my quote hopefully I'll be ordering my laser modules today that I'll be using it with.

Have a chat to Fred at One Stop Laser Shop. He might have some experience with it.

Kit

sickest, meanest graphics = 1 million points per second = HDI projector

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rgb-projector-on-1080.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	28540
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDI_IIID.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	28541

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post

I don't have any experience with anything other than the 'Stanwax Laser' colour correction board. I had Rob fit one of his colour correction boards to my projector. The difference it makes is quite incredible.

The best test is to project some white lines and look at the beginnings and endings of the lines. Prior to fitting the colour board I used to get the typical multi-colour 'fade in and out' lines caused by the different modulation characteristics of each laser. Now the colour correction board is fitted that has all gone , what you see now are sharp clean white lines with none of the messy beginnings and endings.

This makes graphics much much sharper, and, it makes your beams look so much better as well. Definately a 'must buy' for any projector where your mixing different types of lasers.

Hope this helps

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Having seen Jem's projector before and after I concur. Rob's colour correction board is the best £50 investment you can make.

What really surprised me is the purity of the beams, its not just graphics that benefit but beam shows as well, the colours after tuning are amazing.

For comparison, I've just bought a nearly new 2W Kvant Spectrum and it doesn't compare to Jem's for colour. Stanwax boards for the win, definitely. If I can find room, one will be going in mine eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    If I can find room, one will be going in mine eventually.
    Just do it Al, you know you want to... Resistance is useless
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001