Thread: COLOR!!!!!

Default COLOR!!!!!

FINALLY, its finished!!!

To recap, a couple months ago I got serious about combining my blue and green lasers and adding a red to get full color. This was the first time I put together something like this and it wasn't easy, THE ALIGNMENT WAS A BITCH! Even with the right dichro mounts its tough to get everything to perfectly line up (its even harder when you're a perfectionist).

I'm sure working on this thing on little sleep didn't help either, but when you put this much time and effort into something, you just want to see the damn thing done already!!

Finally, late last night I powered up and got some pretty badass results! I was dead tired so I didn't have a chance to do any creative effects yet, but heres a teaser.........

Enjoy!!!!

-MO-

Way to Go Mo
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Cool,

I'd love to see some pics of the inside of it.

That is beautiful!

Ok, MObruin... Details - DETAILS!

How much power, and at what wavelengths? Also, which DAC are you using?

Damn - that looks cool. And I second Damo's request for pics of the inside of the projector. See if Spec will set you up with a gallery....

Adam

K, heres some details......

I am running the Blue at 478nm and 50mW, the green is 532nm and right around 30mW, the red is at 660nm and at 200mW.

Question: so how do I know how much power my laser is putting out? Is it just a simple addition (280mW white)??

I am running catweasel wideangle scanners (after all the adjustments, I am getting about 70deg wide). To run them I am using MERLIN software. Its basically the same components from the CLUBCAT projector that Technological Artisans sells, except I saved alot of cash by putting everything together.

The enclosure I custom made in a machine shop. The Dichros I got from edmond optics.

Here is a pic of the inside. Its kind of messy with all the wires, but you can make out most of the componets:

And here is a pic with everything on:

That is nice
    pretty pretty nice

good job you have done there...

Quote Originally Posted by MObruin
    Question: so how do I know how much power my laser is putting out? Is it just a simple addition (280mW white)??
    Yep. That's the fomula... Of course, you are probably loosing a little bit of power through each dichro, but that shouldn't be more than a few percent.

If you had a power meter you could check the power of each color as it exits the projector. But most people just add up the total power of the lasers inside the case and use that as the total power figure. It's pretty darned close, and who really cares if you are a few percent off anyway, right?

The pictures look great! Thanks for sharing them. Looks like you've nailed the alighments of the three lasers too. Very cool!

Adam