Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Laserworld" laser shows

It should be a 'where's my watts- LASERW*RLD?'

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    OCCUPY LASERW*RLD!!! jk...

Really, tho, it's a shame that LW acquired these Co's - RTi makes some dang brilliant-sexy projectors, and we were *seriously* considering one or more of their sys's... but, not so-much, now.. I would not *ever* want to have to rely on LW's 'service', with the in-house practices they've demoed, over and over, even to their own-
    Countrymen... Dunno, perhaps RTi and Swisslas can maintain their management / infrastructure, w/o too-much LW-meddling, since, clearly they were 'on their own game', and committed to quality over volume, etc...

Oh, well, as Queen sang, '..another one bites the (LW) dust..'... that's how that lyric, went, right??

cheers..
    j

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    After seeing the price of one Nano Rainbow 36W, I can't, even dreaming of that...
    Hah, yeah - you and me, both! ...So, that's why we're gonna build our own...

Quote Originally Posted by Clearlight View Post
    It should be a 'where's my watts- LASERW*RLD?'
    Silly! They're right there, under the black magic-marker!

cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hah, yeah - you and me, both! ...So, that's why we're gonna build our own...
    Seems you have a great plan for cheap OPSL so... GB anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Seems you have a great plan for cheap OPSL so...
    Again.. I wish... No, I was commenting on something we're building with high power-output... but, it is on-about the opposite-end of the 'sophistication-spectrum' from OPSL beam-quality / performance... more like a laser 'Thor-hammer'... Although, just like when Thor was swinging his mighty hammer, most people weren't screaming '...but just look at that terrible paint-job, would-you!'

OPSL's 'finesse' certainly has it's place, but imo, north of 35W of RGB, things like incredibly fast/linear modulation, etc, are not so-important anymore... unless you plan to, like, do raster-scanned laser-movies at a drive-in theater or something..

Now, back to those mind-blowing LW-shows...

cheers....
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I wish too But well, I may not see all the real advantages of the OPSL versus others (apart small beam size and divergence), but if the only important thing for you is the divergence, you could also obtain a similar low divergence out of a diode or DPSS with just a bigger aperture beam, resulting in a similar effect after a few meters... and hopefully one good guy developed the EyeMagic scanners with big mirrors to handle those bigger beams

Wait... 35W of RGB... that means actually a 55W RGB in that Laser-w*rld, right? Pictures of this should be posted somewhere on this forum once finished

laserw*rld sucks indeed.
    The only thing that can be mentioned is that the LW50k galvo's which usually comes with their systems is really good at raster since they work on a different frequency.
    I mean they can scan raster at a fairly big size for a long time without getting really hot.
    Other then that they are not too good