Thread: Laser visualisation to lead to better speakers?

Default Laser visualisation to lead to better speakers?

This came through my email today, thought I would share as it's pretty cool.

http://www.inavateonthenet.net/artic...speakers-.aspx
    This space for rent.

Nice find; thanks!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

that was awesome, you can see when the sweep hit the crossover point

you learn to deal with directional sound... I have electrostatic speakers, pretty much as directional as it gets

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

am i the only who found it ironic that the audio quality on this video was poor?

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    This came through my email today, thought I would share as it's pretty cool.

http://www.inavateonthenet.net/artic...speakers-.aspx
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

hehe, theres a saying in spanish that roughly translated is "in the blacksmith's house they have wooden knives" lol

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    hehe, theres a saying in spanish that roughly translated is "in the blacksmith's house they have wooden knives" lol
    Hehe, WTF?

I prefer the Canadian trailer-park saying that goes "Beware the pitter-patter-of-the-shit-a-pillar".
    This space for rent.

Hmmmm, that's interesting am i right in thinking he is effecting the deflection with the sound or just the beam intensity.

Could be quite a cool effect to place a pair of Piezoelectrics in the beam path, I have to try it.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/509170...zer_Plates.jpg

Actually, I had another thought, wondering what the beam would be like if you place a mirror on a Piezoelectric transducer, maybe a very small deflection but then add some lens setup to expand the angles. Change the frequency of the drive to the transducer and don't we end up with a fast as hell scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Actually, I had another thought, wondering what the beam would be like if you place a mirror on a Piezoelectric transducer, maybe a very small deflection but then add some lens setup to expand the angles. Change the frequency of the drive to the transducer and don't we end up with a fast as hell scanner?
    Isn't this essentially how the audience scanning beam brush works to reduce power density?
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.