Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Beamshow* LaserJam 2006 Thread.. *Update 19.08.06

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD
    Ok, so i guess no one actually wants a section??
    Ahhh Crap! I installed the demo version of Mamba Black last night and started playing around with it. I loaded up "Hit That" by The Offspring and started creating a show.

I have to admit that the Mamba software is *great*. I got up to around the 50 second point after a little over an hour of playing around, and the results looked great on the screen. Then I noticed that I couldn't save my work!

ARGH!!! The demo version is crippled. Not only will it not send any output to ANY of the supported DAC's, but it won't let you save either. Crap!

Then, to make matters worse, I noticed that THIS song was supposed to be for the beamshow, not the graphics show! Darn it!

Oh well. I've made up my mind to buy this software as soon as I can afford it. Then I'll be able to start helping out with the lasershow project.

Adam

Default 1st 50 seconds of "Hit That" laser show video on F

Jez, I'm the only one posting in this thread! 8)

Anyway, I've mentioned in other posts that Astroguy and I put together a short clip for the first 50 seconds of "Hit That", by The Offspring. It's a graphics show, and we slapped it together pretty fast. (about 90 min worth of work, and we were learning as we went, so keep that in mind) The flicker is partly caused by the camera, but mostly by the fact that I screwed up and set the frame rate too high. (Oops!) But I know better now.

Fred managed to shoot some video of the clip as it was being played by his projector. The completed video has been uploaded to the FTP server, so if you're on the laserjam project and want to have a look - go ahead. (Or if you're not on it, go look at it anyway! It's not the greatest, but it's fun to watch anyway.) It's only the first 50 seconds, and it ends rather abruptly, but remember it was (or rather, still is) a work in progress...

Of course, after we did all this we realised that "Hit That" was the selection for the BEAM SHOW project, not the GFX SHOW project. (Aw shit...) But we'll continue to work on it as time permits.

Adam

Hehe.. you forgot to check the beam\grapchic nice..

Yes there is not so much activity on here
    I did get my LAST laser on my RGB now !! my green
    So NOW I hope I got time to start on this project..
    I`m so sorry that nothing have happend so far...
    But as someone did mention on another thread "some of us is finnishing the summer" and that take some time to do stuff outdoors
    (like playing with your kids when u got time) ...
    And trust me, it takes time when you got 2 of the little ones

But I promise to get my hands on this project very soon now

I want a part if you can give me a segment.

Another thing is are we doing it for rgb systems or just one colour?

Jim

Pick what you want
    Only the first one is taken I think...

It`s RGB