Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HD cctv help please?

Default HD cctv help please?

been looking at some thing like this, a camera that records at HD level but am struggling to fully understand how it works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCTV-Hi-Re...item4842b047b4

the camera says it comes with the necessary software which is great but connection wise, do i put plug an rj45 cable into the camera then the computer and job done?

or does there need to be something between the camera and computer?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You will need to either power the camera directly with the needed voltage, or use a POE injector/splitter other than that it connects to a socket and the camera and goes. I didn't look this specific one up, a lot of the cameras have a built in webserver. To take advantage of zoom, and focus (the extras, additional wiring would probably be needed). I see the hit and run on the car has you looking for a better camera.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

indeed i want better quality.

yes direct 12v power isnt an issue it was just connection to the computer i was missing. so rj45 in the camera and then the computer anf sorted
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Costco has a real nice security recorder 150gb hard drive,with outputs to connect to PC USB

and i bet the quality is poo, im after real good quality
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

it has HD 150gb DVR anyhow,,my GreyFox is the cats meow

greyfox is standard cctv which uses line. i currently have this and its ok but its not that great.

im after this quality

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

u still trying to read that numberplate on the white van that keeps passing ya house

all the best ...

Karl

haha fooked not passed again
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Andy.

Somewhere I have a PCI card thingy that records up to 8 cameras (analogue or IP I believe) onto hard drive in whatever PC it's installed in and the software to go with it. Off the top of my head it records up to 40FPS (ie twice normal so you can slow the playback without losing quality) and many useful features such as alerting you when there's movement in set zones on cameras and remote viewing footage via LAN or internet. It also does digital watermarking, making the recordings eligible to be submitted as evidence in court (where apparently most over the counter CCTV recording systems aren't)

I built the system a few years ago to protect my old warehouse after a neighbour had his broken into and his van stolen along with a bunch of tools. (Fortunately they didn't do mine as it's nondescript externals hid the fact I've got a bunch of Lighting & Sound gear and a ton or two of aluminium in the shape of truss!)

I don't need it any longer as my new place has full 24/7 site CCTV provided by the landlord and my internal CCTV is handled remotely.

Frankly it was well over speced at the time (but I was a bit paranoid) and it's just gathering dust in the corner of my office. I might keep the PC and use it for something else... Pangolin maybe ;o)

But if it's something you'd want, PM me and I'll find it and see what it's worth now?

Wookie o/
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?