Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New red Highside Driver

Default New red Highside Driver

Hello Guys!
    Just for inform you, the prototpes of our new lowercost reddriver is here, this are the specs :
    35*52mm
    4*max. 500mA Highside
    One current and threshold setting for all 4 channels
    Standby Beam Surpression (becouse also red diodes could have a standbybeam)
    Switch On Delay of 2seconds if your PS will drop some peaks out.
    Filtered input incl. overvoltage guard and protection against reverse polarity for Modulation and Power
    5VDC input
    Now I will test them and if there is a interest I will do a special PL offer.
    Soon there will come a stable system for the same size with : 2ch.blue, TEC, 1ch. green driver and DC/DC board for high efficiency supply all Drivers with just 24/48V single.
    Here the picture:

Bests,
    Phil
    Last edited by Phritzler; 11-15-2011 at 17:20. Reason: false URL

Can't you please make the supply voltage 6VDC ? So two channels can be wired parallel for a blue diode ?
    This would make the driver much more versatile:
    2xblue or 4xred or 2xred+1blue or 3xred+1lowpowerblue
    or
    1 blue distributed over 4 channels = no heatsink.

Hi!
    The same driver will come as version for 2 channels blue for 9-14VDC and for green for 5VDC....
    The better ones takes a bit, they have DCDCs for widerange input and Active tec....
    This will be a system where you can staple the drivers on it.
    I think the price for the red ones will be arrounnd 69€ incl. VAT regular and I will do a special PL offer.
    Bests,
    Phil

Any preliminary specs of the green/tec driver ?

Estimated time of arrival ?

If the TEC driver is anyway near as expensive as the red driver then there is a lot cheaper solution here for only 19USD. Not knowing the pricetag on the TEC from the OP I cant tell if it will be worth it. However the pricetag on the red driver is kinda extreme imo when you compare to the 4A FlexModP3 @ more than half the price.

http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com/...6127b0d082b4e6
    Last edited by Laseradct; 11-16-2011 at 02:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Laseradct View Post
    If the TEC driver is anyway near as expensive as the red driver then there is a lot cheaper solution here for only 19USD. Not knowing the pricetag on the TEC from the OP I cant tell if it will be worth it. However the pricetag on the red driver is kinda extreme imo when you compare to the 4A FlexModP3 @ more than half the price.

Your post would be appropriate IF you posted a real competitive alternative to the offered products.
    But preemptive nagging about a price of a product that is not spec'ed yet is kinda rude.

Shall I point out the prices of the commercial diode and shg drivers available ?

deleted post, cbb. that was an alternative and a question but clearly you can not read...
    Last edited by Laseradct; 11-16-2011 at 03:00.

clearly you can not read...
    ..thats not what your post looked like when I decided to comment on it..

I can't understand how a 1-channel lowside driver without sbbs can be an alternative to a 4-channel highsidedriver with sbbs.

Orly, my first post was not edited, you quoted the entire thing so what has changed?? And since when is the FMP3 not a highside driver? I know it only has 1 channel but hooking 4 diodes to it is a trivial task. It has 4 amps so hook up 8 500mA if you like. I was in no way trying to start an argument with you over this, but if you can do the exact same thing with something similar (red driver vs fmp3) then I feel obligated to tell this, afterall this is a community site where we are suppose to help each other.

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/FlexMo...dP3_Manual.pdf <-- Just so you can see im not pulling your tail...

Quote Originally Posted by Laseradct View Post

You clearly do not know were you are talking about.
    why didn't you compare the driver with this high side driver:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resistor.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	28757

Or compare it with 4x a Flexmod driver as this driver got 4 drivers on board.

the driver you could compare with is the the driver from badpip http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=driver
    this badpip driver cost 60 euro, but does not have protection, is bigger, no delay etc.
    So this driver from Phill is well worth the money in my opinion, and I would pay the 9 euro more and get this small beauty, and have a tec option in the same size