Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New red Highside Driver

Will the other versions have indervidual bias and current adjustment?
    For me I would want to be able to have that adjustment, so I could have red on two channels blue on one and green on one
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

It maybe all well and good to put a load of diodes on one driver, but what you going to do
    When one diode fails and the remaining higher current takes the rest of them with it ??
    This is the whole point of this driver to stop this kind of thing happening, along with its built in protection..better to loose one than all

Quote Originally Posted by Laseradct View Post
    Orly, my first post was not edited, you quoted the entire thing so what has changed?? And since when is the FMP3 not a highside driver? I know it only has 1 channel but hooking 4 diodes to it is a trivial task. It has 4 amps so hook up 8 500mA if you like. I was in no way trying to start an argument with you over this, but if you can do the exact same thing with something similar (red driver vs fmp3) then I feel obligated to tell this, afterall this is a community site where we are suppose to help each other.

http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/FlexMo...dP3_Manual.pdf <-- Just so you can see im not pulling your tail...
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Well it depends on what you do with it. If you want to power a quad setup i would choose the driver from badpip.It,s nice to have protection and all that but i think most hobbyists would pay 4x 69 euro to have protection and delay for powering their quad But its good to see that Phil is still busy with doing what he likes. Im happy he is still arround

Hi!
    All other drivers have their own adjustments for sure. I will come soon with news.
    The Special Offer I thought are for the first 100pcs of the red driver for 59€ incl. VAT
    bests,
    Phil

Badger1666 that makes sence ^^ I did not think about that. You clearly know what you are talking about, and stated without any sarcasm, nice.

Real clever with that resistor as a highside driver... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Well it depends on what you do with it. If you want to power a quad setup i would choose the driver from badpip.It,s nice to have protection and all that but i think most hobbyists would pay 4x 69 euro to have protection and delay for powering their quad But its good to see that Phil is still busy with doing what he likes. Im happy he is still arround
    Edison, I think you misunderstood.
    You can power a quad from 1 of these drivers. (they're 4 channel drivers)

Exactly, this is 4 x 500mw (max) so good for independent feeding of 4 diodes (especially red ones that are not too power hungry)

Good one phil!!
    "its called character briggs..."

your right fourdee, its indeed a 4 channel. My mistake

your right fourdee, its indeed a 4 channel. My mistake Funny a few months ago there was not one availble and now we have 2 I prefer the one from badpip because it has more amps per channel and has also beamsupression And i like to support hobbyist like badpip as a developer. He is relatively new and its good i think to support newcomers that are willing to put allot of time in product development that will help the community.

Johan, did you read the startpost?

Standby Beam Surpression (becouse also red diodes could have a standbybeam)