Thread: So... where does one acquire laser cases these days?

Default So... where does one acquire laser cases these days?

What is everyone doing for cases these days?
    Building their own?
    Have loads left over from Edison groupbuys?

I'm thinking of rebuilding my 2 1.5W RGB's but with bigger 635 reds and bigger 532's to match (will just turn up the blue a bit...) but they could probably do with being re-housed in the process if I'm honest (why are simply things always more complex and invariably more expensive??)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I like using these:
    (because I used to work there and the scrapped cases were free )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqQOKiIE30FkQUDKBOCh!36Z,Q~~_3.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	28754

This looks pretty cool. Design your own and they build it.
    http://www.protocasedesigner.co.uk/

I have multiple cases from the company goldenstar.... they are GREAT and have prices that cant be beat....I highly recommend you email wenxiaoni716@163.com and tell them that Brooks sent you and you want their case price list. While your at it you should also ask for their laser module price list. I got a 1.6W green CNI laser with warranty from them for $630.

all of their cases come with Key lock, 2 keys, DMX in and out, ilda IN and OUT Power switch, power plug with fuse, DB9 plug, Dip switches. Ask them to send the case Un assembled, that will greatly help with the shipping costs..

-Brooks
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Where it says the weight, I'm assuming that would be a fully kitted out projector, rather than just the case? Also, I'm assuming those prices are without flightcases?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I'll have pics of the box type C in a few days. Some come with flight case and some don't. All can be ordered with out the flight case you just have to ask. From asking it seems all the bigger ones come with the case by default. I guess it is how those guys get them. And the weight listed is with out the laser guts. I couldnt get a good answer about what is plate thickness or pre-drilled holes are in the box if any.

Is this picture answering your question?

I like too much making my own design rather than buying an already made case, which hundreds of other people will own... You can make it exactly the size you need, add nice features (antishock optical plate, sealed parts, ...), making cuts in the front/back panels for some nice items you find here (interlock boards, ...). Ok it's a painful process and time consuming, a bit less after a few trials... but that's the big part of the Do It Yourself
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LasercutCase.jpg  

You can also get the cases listed above not assembled. I have one of the bigger ones that I picked up a couple years ago and asked for it not assembled and it saved me a few bucks on shipping. Didnt get the flight case either.

As far as travel/protective cases go, ATA-style flight cases are unbeatable. Too bad they are expensive and kind of heavy. However, depending on your projector and your needs, Pelican Cases are an AWESOME alternative. They're VERY affordable (mine was about $150), watertight, double-lockable, and sturdy. My 'lil (read fragile) 1/2 watt RGB projector (and QM2000!) has been through some rough international travel inside of a pelican 1510. No damage whatsoever and only once had to tweak my red diode alignment ever so slightly. The 1510 has wheels and is also carry-on sized; it fits VERY nicely in an overhead bin. On some european airlines I've had to grudgingly check the pelican case, and it definitely passed the "protect my baby" test.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1510-IMG_5791.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	28890