Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange thing when using FB3-SE...

No problem Main! That is what I am here for.

Post a picture of the FB3 if you can so we can see if a differential board has been installed or not.

^^ Yes, I think this may be a critical part of this actually.

Apparently the SE does work ok on other projectors, and the QS works ok on this one, so we know that for diff signals, the wiring is ok. And that the other projectors work ok on the SE that 'may' have single ended outputs.

Steve, does the size of the scanned image change between the SE and QS boards on one of the other projectors?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

No. Sizes are (approx) the same even if I change projector.

I just now I've tested all possible wiring combinations: no results.
    Best I've obtainained has been:
    1) standard wiring connection (pin1=X+; 2=Y+, 14=X-; 15= Y-; 25=shield/gnd): I have a " X mirrored" picture. If I write "10" I obtain "01". So I tried to swap pins 1 and 14 to invert X axe but I only obtain a verical line.
    2) after lot of tests the only way to obtain a correct projection is to invert X axe by software without any wiring changes. (QS main menu: settings/projector settings/size and position/extra options: choose "invert X").

At the moment the best solution to me is what is described at point 2).
    This should means when I play a show using two projector connected at the same device (FB3-SE) I must to swap X axe of the coupled projector to the "crazy" one. What else I could do?

Mystery still be... mystery.... This will make me crazy....
    Why all my remains projectors are working perfectly by both FB3 devices, instead only one doesn't want to work only when driven by FB3-SE device?

Now I need to rest... better to go to sleep...(high risk of projector destruction under nerves attack...)
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Can you take a picture of the FB3 board so we can see if the diff board is definately fitted or not?
    And also perhaps the galvo driver board too
    Frikkin Lasers

Here I am...

Guys... Thank you in advance for kind help you are giving me.

Pics of X axis driver card and FB3-SE. (I've disassembled them for best view).
    Please note that FB3 card has a "jumper" that I welded to give directly 5V from computer by USB cable (is perfectly working up now).
    I have any info about scanner drivers..... They come from an old Laserworld projector and was labeled as 30kpps ......( there are no words left to speak......

Cheers
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unknown marked.jpg  

FB3-SE 004.jpg  

FB3-SE 003.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Milani; 11-17-2011 at 23:06.
    my webpage

Ok, from memory, I think you are missing the differential board, so the galvo drivers are expecting diff, and you are only outputting single. what happens if you connect the X+ and Y+ to pins 1 and 2, tie the gnd to 25 and leave X- and Y- disconnected? Am I right in thinking the ILDA connector goes on the red connector just above the green 5V header on the left? If so, the diff board plugs in here.

I'm sure there's a wiring diagram around historically (Pango?) that covers correct connections to allow all configurations to work (diff into single, single into diff, single into single, etc)
    Frikkin Lasers

Sadly I already done all possible tests
    Yes... I tried to connect only pins 1 and 2 to X+ and Y+, I connected pin25 to ground, pins 14 and 15 disconnected.... Picture comes out the same way: X mirrored.
    You tought right: Ilda flat cable to D25 output starts from the red connector (the horizzontal one) close to the left top corner of FB3 card.
    Anyway...
    I start to think I will be forced to leave things as they are.... At the end of all, I've equipped all my projectors with X+/- and Y+/- switches to invert projection axes.
    Thanks Norty!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FB3 - ILDA  flat cable.jpg  

ilda.jpg  

my webpage

you should be able to reverse the X axis by attaching the X- lead to the pin instead of the X+, and just leave the X+ disconnected.

Failing that, if the modulation connector going to the driver board is arranged as X+/GND/X- then you could simply see if you can reverse this one in the socket (depending on the type of socket)

I do this with my DrLava breakout board by just reversing the connector on the header pins, so one of my pair of projectors is permanently reversed (well I have to get inside to change it, but there is no need to change it for most stuff) If I use it on its own, I just reverse in software.)
    Frikkin Lasers