Thread: Need current PL ftp login (please)

Default Need current PL ftp login (please)

Hello, I have been a laser hobbyist for over 30 years (got my first HeNe when i was 10 years old and soldered the power supply from scratch) and I am a longtime member of several laser enthusiast forums. I just tried to download some files from the PL ftp server and it seems the login has changed again. I am trying to download a software program that was recommended to me to create ILDA files.

Could someone please PM me the current login and I promise not to distribute. Much appreciated!

PS - Just so you know, I also have made 3 different multi-watt laser projectors and I am starting to do live shows on a regular basis. I also own two copies of QuickShow and one copy of the new Special Launch Edition BEYOND system so please take it easy on me ;o)

http://www.youtube.com/user/paulzimmatgmail

Hi Paul (?)

You may have been a member for about a year, but you don't have many posts and your location isn't filled out in your profile. I'm not being harsh, but i'll be honest and say i don't know anything about you.

Due to some recent crap the ftp access is somewhat limited for unknown members at the moment. Maybe you could PM someone who could vouch for you and they may be prepared to give you the link to the ftp. Other than that, tell us a bit more about yourself, where you come from etc etc.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

No problem, I live in Hollywood Florida and I am friends with (and have personally met) members Hakzaw1 and Flecom (does the live laser shows over at the Miami Museum). I have been a computer programmer for over 15 years and got my degree in Computer Science from the University of Colorado in Boulder. Here is my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/PaulZimm

I really am only trying to get the BMD2ILD program:
    ftp://ftp.photonlexicon.com/Software...bmp2ild_v2.exe
    ftp://ftp.photonlexicon.com/Software...mple_files.zip

If someone could please zip up the entire 'bmp2ild' directory and send to my email at paul@zimmtech.com that would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I filled out more of my profile, have been meaning to do that.

- Paul

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZimm View Post
    No problem, I live in Hollywood Florida and I am friends with (and have personally met) members Hakzaw1 and Flecom (does the live laser shows over at the Miami Museum). I have been a computer programmer for over 15 years and got my degree in Computer Science from the University of Colorado in Boulder. Here is my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/PaulZimm

I really am only trying to get the BMD2ILD program:
    ftp://ftp.photonlexicon.com/Software...bmp2ild_v2.exe
    ftp://ftp.photonlexicon.com/Software...mple_files.zip

If someone could please zip up the entire 'bmp2ild' directory and send to my email at paul@zimmtech.com that would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I filled out more of my profile, have been meaning to do that.

- Paul
    Paul, i've sent you a PM.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

It would also be really awesome if i could get the password too, i kinda feel wierd asking for it, but there are alot of things on there that i hear about all the time and wish i could axcess. I havent been on here for to long but i feel like i have been consistant since joining.
    1st place ILDA 2013 awards "Multiscanner show"
    1st place ILDA 2014 awards "Multiscanner show"
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BronyBeamshows
    My start to the laser world
    9/15/2010

^^^ Ditto for me please
    This space for rent.

could someone send me the ftp passwarod and login please.

havent been on there for some time, feel a need to browse a few shows etc

dave
    dave321

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

It's still better to address a member personally with a PM, so
    1) the ones you ask for the PW don't have to fear that someone already sent you the PW and
    2) it's easier to keep track of everyone who has the PW.