Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Its very greeeeeeeeen

+1 Troll
    Ding ding ?? me

rszemeti, great pics thanks for sharing z-fold for the WIN. And I love the classic British shed.

You can't see the shed in that pic, its actually about 20' x 20' all in, it was 10x14 and then I got busy with the woodwork you can just about see the lathe through the door, and a trials bike. Every good shed should have at least a couple of motorbikes in it!

Just a quick FYI-

rzsmeti isnt a troll and i *think* (although i may be wrong) the comment about an infant holding a lens is a complete joke. This guy has talked to Steve, has some extensive knowledge of these Lasers and has alot of years/experience under his belt. Im glad we all think about safety here, but i think we tend to jump on people WAAAAY too quickly here about the whole safety factor. We all know lasers are dangerous but come on...they arent nuclear weapons like some of you make them out to be.

just my 2 cents. Although with the economy, its more like 1.4 cents.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Just a quick FYI-

rzsmeti isnt a troll and i *think* (although i may be wrong) the comment about an infant holding a lens is a complete joke. This guy has talked to Steve, has some extensive knowledge of these Lasers and has alot of years/experience under his belt. Im glad we all think about safety here, but i think we tend to jump on people WAAAAY too quickly here about the whole safety factor. We all know lasers are dangerous but come on...they arent nuclear weapons like some of you make them out to be.

just my 2 cents. Although with the economy, its more like 1.4 cents.

-Marc
    Marc, I am the first person to jump to anybody's defense and I wouldn't automatically condemn somebody for playing with a high power pulsed laser however, the comments:

"I had to get one of the kids to hold it in position while the other one stomped on the "go" pedal",
    "Beam is not so good in the last shot as the pesky infant would not hold the maginfying glass still" and
    "I'll try and find someone to hold a mirror at 45 degrees next time"

read to me as something designed to provoke a response (which it did).

Point taken that this guy is experienced, and subsiquent posts would point to that being the case, so this is obviously a bit of dry humour and we can relax knowing that his children are not going to be losing an eye or a finger tip, but what about other forum visitors that read this and thinks it's the norm?

I'm not trying to start a drama here and I apologise if I offended rzsmeti, I just called it as I saw it.

Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

The joke is cool. You can't depend on an "infant" to hold his own Binky he's not going to be assigned to holding a collimation lens. Better that the beam is terminated at ground level than shot into the sky who knows where. Pulsed lasers (aside from Q-switched which is another story) are a lot brighter than CW lasers visually just as strobes are a lot brighter than CW lamps of the same output. What kind of beam diameter/divergence are you seeing? Are you going to scan this? Pump a dye?

Don't wanna hijack but here's as good a place as any for me to pile in with some pix 'o my scope on a rope....
    800 series straight out of the hozzie (well it was decomissioned about 4 years ago...but its s long story)
    Got it running last weekend for the first time and been ripping bits out as the pix show - ran the QS first time this morn - though have taken a load of the Z out since then and opened up the lamp housing to take a sneaky peek - new lamp will be installed before I run it again - which I'm gonna try and order tomorrow also looking forward to the group buy OI box arriving.

Rob

PS - How long do ya think the lamp will last at that current?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP1488.JPG  

laserscope01.JPG  

laserscope02.JPG  

laserscope03.JPG  

laserscope04.JPG  

laserscope05.JPG  

laserscope06.JPG  

laserscope07.JPG  

laserscope08.JPG  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

What is a troll ?

A tearm of endearment for new members on here,or that's how it looks to me i am afrade.

Rob,

I like the sticker on the ammeter CC
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts