Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Breakout Boards in 1 Projector?

Question 2 Breakout Boards in 1 Projector?

Okay, I know the first thing many of you may say is WHYYY????
    My answer is that I cannot build my own boards and I have not yet found a board with the capability of everything I need.
    Here is my thought. I have a sysem in place that has a very nice breakout board (it has ILDA in and out and many other nice connections), but does not implement many of the safety features such as interlocks, reset, etc. Is it possible (or even a good idea) for me to daisy chain the two boards?

This is the board I have: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqZ,!lwE65jmZmO(BOwMnwMEQw~~60_3.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	28879
    This is the Stanwax board I bought and want to try to daisy chain:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ilda-interface-board-ilda-breakout-board-55-p.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	28885 http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/ilda-...board-55-p.asp

Am I overlooking something here? Do you think Stanwax would soulder another ILDA connection for output onto their board if I asked them?

Thanks
    Last edited by eighty8; 11-22-2011 at 11:41.

Hmmmmm
    Now putting myself in your shoes I would ask the question 'who would be the best person to ask about this?'

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Mat Ilda.

Maybe you should ask him.

Do you think Stanwax would soulder another ILDA connection for output onto their board if I asked them?
    Would they solder another output connector to their board that has an option for an output connector built onto it?

Sure, I'm sure they would....
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

you still want to use the pt itrust capabilities to show some basic paterns, add dmx and use stanwax's ilda board for the missing safety features? did i understand correctly?
    and you mentioned soldering the ilda out onto the board instead of using the one on the ribon cable that should come along with the board, may i ask why?

for dmx this could also be found on several dac's i beleive, like qm2000 there is a cable to support dmx and i think the fb3 is availlable with dmx, correct me if i am wrong.

Michel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    you still want to use the pt itrust capabilities to show some basic paterns, add dmx and use stanwax's ilda board for the missing safety features? did i understand correctly?
    l
    Michel,
    You are correct. I'm not really concerend about the DMX. I would just like an ILDA out and in and the pt itrust capabilities in addition to the saftey features on the Stanwax board.

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    and you mentioned soldering the ilda out onto the board instead of using the one on the ribon cable that should come along with the board, may i ask why?l
    At the time of writing the original post, I was thinking this would be an easy way to bridge the 2 boards together and get the most out of both of them, but now I see this wouldn't work. Also I have QS2.0/FB3.

The more I think about this, the more I'm lead in the direction of just using the Stanwax board and giving up the basic patterns capability. As i have the FB3-XE I just probably need to learn how to use the memory card (via LiveQUICK). I have not spent enough time with the product yet as I have just converted from Phoenix Live 3.

Thanks
    -Eighty8
    -----------------------------------------------
    Projectors:
    1x 500mW RGV TTL - Work in progress (red 650nm@200mW/green 532nm 100mW/violet 405nm@200mW)
    3x 1W RGB Analog - Work in progress (red 650nm@500mW/green 532nm@200mW/blue 445nm @300mW)

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE
    Last edited by eighty8; 11-30-2011 at 14:23. Reason: found a few spelling mistakes

The reason I mentioned Matt Ilda above is Stanwax laser already make a breakout board with 2 outputs or more on it:

http://danielbriggs.co.uk/laser/matilda/

I believe a 2 output board is £25.

How it connects with your existing board is something to ask Stanwax or Daniel Briggs, both members on here.

This isn't a hard thing to do at all....just take the RGB+- and XY+- OUT from the stanwax board and connect that to the RGB+- XY+- IN on the DMX board.

So from the dac to Stanwax board...then out of the stanwax board to the DMX board.
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Just to be clear, the MatILDA board is a buffer board, not necessarily a breakout board exclusively (although it could be used as such - not my choice of implementation though....)

The Stanwax board already has an option for in and out, all you need is the adaptor cable (iirc).
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

If you like ilda then what do you need from the pt-itrust, it is several bad pics and some beam shows out of the box set to full scale, i replaced my pt-itrust as soon as the stanwax board was availlable.
    so if it is not dmx you need then why use it at all??? (little confused)

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by eighty8 View Post
    Michel,
    You are correct. I'm not really concerend about the DMX. I would just like an ILDA out and in and the pt itrust capabilities in addition to the saftey features on the Stanwax board.

At the time of writing the original post, I was thinking this would be an easy way to bridge the 2 boards together and get the most out of both of them, but now I see this wouldn't work. Also I have QS2.0/FB3.

The more I think about this, the more I'm lead in the direction of just using the Stanwax board and giving up the basic patterns capability. As i have the FB3-XE I just probably need to learn how to use the memory card (via LiveQUICK). I have not spent enough time with the product yet as I have just converted from Phoenix Live 3.

Thanks
    -Eighty8
    Projectors:
    1x 500mW RGV TTL - Work in progress (red 650nm@200mW/green 532nm 100mW/violet 405nm@200mW)
    3x 1W RGB Analog - Work in progress (red 650nm@500mW/green 532nm@200mW/blue 445nm @300mW)

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michel Rietveld @ Utrecht The Netherlands

FB3, BEYOND Ultimate, 3xFB4, apc 40

1x5W RGB 637nm 1.3W, Edison Blue 2.5W 445nm and CNI 2.5W 532nm Greenie with Pico driver with DT40Kpro scanner set

2x3W RGB DT30 scanner set