Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new RGB6 module arrives!

Default My new RGB6 module arrives!

Hey guys,

I thought I'd share some pics of my new module.

Well after many years dreaming scheming and saving I've finally bought the major piece to make my dreams come true.

It's a 6 watt RGB 445/532/638 made by RGBlasersytems.

It's not shown on their site but is the module that goes in their compact6 projector.

I bought their custom made power supply they use too. It was expensive but after doing some research on it I decided to get it as it is so small, it powers everything including +-28v for scanners. It also intelligently controls the four cooling fans as it has a temp sensor to mount to the heat sink near the module.

I'm designing the projector case atm and I'm taking quiet a few cues from the compact series projectors. The way the brick modules in the power supply couple directly to the baseplate/heat sink allow for a completely enclosed case too.

http://www.rgblasersystem.com/index....d=79&Itemid=91

The heat sink to mount this on is a week or two away so I cant show beam shot yet but I will as so as I've got it mounted and hooked up.

I'm teaming up with Wayne(dnar) and between the two of us I think we can do a safe and professional job for the Perth audiences. I've just been to one of Wayne's hacker space show a few days ago and was impressed.

I know this is a pretty heavy hitting module for someone with limited experience, but I wanted to buy the most versitile projector to suite the market we will be operating in in Perth.

Our laws here are very similar to the US here in WA except for the variance process. Audience scanning is possible but near on impossible to get approved for.

With this in mind I decided to go hard at it and do the most impressive and creative show I can manage with overheads. Our maximum allowable CW laser power is 5 watts. After clarifying it with the radiological council they define 5 watts as what is emitted from the aperture. So I can use this module and adjust it for white balance or for max brightness as long as it doesn't exceed 5 watts at the aperture.

I'm keen to explore scan through grating effects to do MPE level audience effects like scanning company logos ect. so maybe I can use that wasted wattage after all.

Now I'm off to do some safety goggle research.

Cheers
    Kit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	29524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	29525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	29526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	29527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	29528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 6.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	29529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 7.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	29530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 8.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	29531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 9.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	29532

OMG OMG OMG OMG !

Go on, state the price! Have you considered insurance kit?

What is a V-fold cavity?

I can't wait to play with this puppy.

BTW kit, I have ordered the 3D optic mounts, dichros etc for my 2 sats, should be here on Thursday. The plan is to complete these projectors before the 2 shows I have booked mid-late January. Keep Jan 17 and 21 free if you in town. Jan 21 would be awesome, another Rapture event (EBM, Dark Industrial and Dubstep) till 2am.
    This space for rent.

Thumbs up

WOW

Thanks for sharing.
    Very nice compact module 6 Watts. Awesome

Now I'm start dreaming.

Thats a dream come true.

Happy Holidays from Mexico
    Cheers,
    Ed

I'll let people make enquiries with Robert but their prices are similar to Kvant's.

I'm no authority on laser cavity mechanics. They are still DPSS but have a longer V shaped cavity that gives more stable operation and they modulate much better.

While researching I couldn't find any pics of v-fold layouts(not surprising). Hopefully our experienced friends can explain the virtues of a v-fold cavity to us better.

I decided to spend the extra money on this as I'm planing on doing graphics. Coupled with The 3.8mm aperture mirrored EMS7000 scanners I think we should have good tools at hand to try and land corporate shows.

If I'm in town I'll be there for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    WOW

Thanks for sharing.
    Very nice compact module 6 Watts. Awesome

Now I'm start dreaming.

Thats a dream come true.

Happy Holidays from Mexico
    Cheers,
    Ed
    Hi Ed,

thanks mate. They make their stuff real small. The Compact6 projector is tiny.

It's about 400mmx200mm. I'm making mine 480mmx250mm to allow space for the IRIS ColorSafe and some scan through effects.

Hope you have a fun new year. I've has friends visit Mexico and they said you guys know how to party!

Cheers
    Kit

Thanks Kit

With all that stuff you are putting in, A real compact beautiful monster is growing.
    And really. I see your other project of your compact PJ.
    And your project inspire me, and I make my Lunch Box PJ

Ok, Really Mexicans like Fiesta a lot or Party all night long.

Cheers,
    Ed

PS I'm still in search for a good small greeny.

Holy cow!! Santa Claus really exists and has been generous with you!!!
    These modules are of the better engineering I've ever seen. And really small on top of that. I have two modules from them but not the all-in-one (1.8W 640 and 1W 445) and very happy with them (despite I bought the 1W 445 before the drop of price...).

You are gonna own a perfect projector with this, Colorsafe and EMS7000 ! And with the closed loop laser power feedback from the Iris Colorsafe, as well as its safety features, you will be able to provide reliable MPE informations to the authority for audience scanning, this should hopefuly help a bit...

Btw I finally received a tracking number from EyeMagic for my stuffs, but Claus will be a bit late I believe, planned to 29 December...

Have a nice day
    Last edited by sbk; 12-24-2011 at 01:16.

i know them !

there really good !
    also rgb lasersysem build nice projectors, why you not buy a complete projector ?
    the price is almost same as oem laser diode block only and they build it so good and compact!
    i had the 8W version, i think it is a little to big and off balanced, but the 6w are super in compact 4 housing wooow!

wow ! really high quality module ! compact, stable, all you have to do is enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Holy cow!! Santa Claus really exists and has been generous with you!!!
    These modules are of the better engineering I've ever seen. And really small on top of that. I have two modules from them but not the all-in-one (1.8W 640 and 1W 445) and very happy with them (despite I bought the 1W 445 before the drop of price...).

You are gonna own a perfect projector with this, Colorsafe and EMS7000 ! And with the closed loop laser power feedback from the Iris Colorsafe, as well as its safety features, you will be able to provide reliable MPE informations to the authority for audience scanning, this should hopefuly help a bit...

Btw I finally received a tracking number from EyeMagic for my stuffs, but Claus will be a bit late I believe, planned to 29 December...

Have a nice day

Yes I had to bribe Santa..... It works people

Even with the advanced safety systems in the ColorSafe, I don't think they will allow audience scanning here. The ScanGuard software may give us more accurate hazard analysis which may convince the radiological council that the hazard has been reduced to an acceptable level.

I'm not in a rush to attempt it before I have more experience.

Good to hear your scanners are on their way

I only just emailed Tom a few hours ago to check how things are going. Sounds like they aren't far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by RGB LASER VERKOOP View Post
    i know them !

there really good !
    also rgb lasersysem build nice projectors, why you not buy a complete projector ?
    the price is almost same as oem laser diode block only and they build it so good and compact!
    i had the 8W version, i think it is a little to big and off balanced, but the 6w are super in compact 4 housing wooow!
    Yes that's true but that would have spoiled the fun for me. I originally wanted to buy the separate modules which are cheaper but the power supply for the RGB6 module wasn't powerful enough for te separate modules as there would have been extra TECs to power. Also there is no room for a ColorSafe and scan through effects in a compact6 projector.

I'm enjoying the challenge of building the best projector I can. Doing shows will be just as much fun.