Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ilda file browser

Spaghetti Demo will do that. It's free.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Spaghetti Demo will do that. It's free.
    Really?, nice one Gary. Thanks, I'll take a look

Stupid question... Where do I download the demo?
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Cheers

Bah... 15 chars.... mutter, grumble etc
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Come on Pieter...

Surely a man of your incredible talent could program this before breakfast

We have every faith in you... No pressure....
    I'm no master programmer but hmn well maybe it's possible i can work on it :b

Also does spaghetti intergrate with explorer to achieve this? or is this for the file browser only?
    if yes then it certainly it will work. But from what i percieved from michels request was that he wanted it intergrated in his explorer.exe

A small standalone program would do it nicely, would be useful to have Expolorer integration, but not 100% necessary in my opinion

I downloaded the demo version of Spaghetti, but it requires dot net 4 runtime files which don't exist on my Vista system. I'm not going to install them either as i'm running low on disk space and don't want to crap up my laptop with what could be uneccessay stuff.

Cheers

Jem

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    .....I downloaded the demo version of Spaghetti, but it requires dot net 4 runtime..... I'm not going to install them either ....
    Same here Matey.
    It sounds like a useful utility to have but overloading the PC with Bloatware for just one application just isn't going to happen.

Not sure what the big deal is. .NET Framework 4 will be standard on Windows 8 just like .NET Framework 3.5 is standard on Windows 7. But, no skin off my back if you don't want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Same here Matey.
    It sounds like a useful utility to have but overloading the PC with Bloatware for just one application just isn't going to happen.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

No big deal matey.

But if any proggy needs another proggy to be installed just to run then I'm of the opinion that it isn't worth it.
    Nothing personal but it's kinda like when I try to install a prog and the default is to change all your default browser settings and install various task bars, change associations, add so and so as the default etc.

No thanks.
    Just install this prog and bugger all else otherwise you are trying to muck about with my PC the way I have set it up and I don't like that.
    Cheers.

You are showing your ignorance when it comes to software with those statements. No offense, but it's the truth. Just about all software requires some level of runtime libraries. From what I understand, Pangolin software is or was developed using Delphi which requires Delphi runtimes. Other software requires C++ runtimes such as VC++ runtime, Boost, etc, etc. I could add the .NET runtime class library to my installer but it would be pretty large so I leave it up to the end user to install it once. So, when I release updates, they don't need to download a bunch of runtime libraries that they already have. You probably have a bunch of crap on your PC that was installed without your knowledge because unlike Spaghetti, the installer just goes ahead and puts it there without requiring your intervention. The .NET Framework is not bloatware. It just sits there and runs when you need it. In fact, as more and more software is released for it you will need it anyway. So, you may look all COOL with your bloatware comments to the uninformed, but to me, your comments come across as naive and ridiculous.

Cheers.