Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ilda file browser

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thanks.
    Been working in IT for 20 years so know a bit about it.
    But thanks for the assumptions about me and my PC anyways.

I didn't make any assumptions about you or your PC. But, now that you say you are an IT guy I will.

haha calm down guys.

I in fact would not call dot net updates bloatware.
    I suggest you install it, first of all the size isn't that big and it also doesn't affect your pc performance or clutter anything.
    It's just a library. Sooner or later you will need to update that thing to make newer stuff work, so why wait and stick with the old?

Hey Gary.

In no way did I mean this to be a slur on your software, and I apologise if it came across that way.

What I meant to imply was that I probably wouldn't ever upgrade to the full version of Spaghetti as I have all the laser software I really need. Also, i've managed this long without an ILDA browser so it's not really essential that I have one now. I'm also getting pretty low on disk space on my laptop and until I get some stuff moved over to a bigger NAS (mainly music files) I don't have much room for stuff I won't use that often.

I just figured if there was a really simple ILDA multi-file browser out there it would be a useful addition to the toolbox

Take care

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem just stack in a bunch of external HardDrives that run of usb power only.
    I also have like.. um 16 of them? well ok but these didn't run of usb power, because I never wanted that data to be portable anyway.

Currently i'm using a laptop running Vista. I intend upgrading to an Apple Mac, but i'm in no hurry and I figured i'd wait until the next 'upgraded version' came out. That will hopefully allow me to get the maximum time/use out of it before Apple make it obsolete
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Currently i'm using a laptop running Vista. I intend upgrading to an Apple Mac, but i'm in no hurry and I figured i'd wait until the next 'upgraded version' came out. That will hopefully allow me to get the maximum time/use out of it before Apple make it obsolete
    Jem absolete will never happen to windows really, though i'm honestly not looking forward to the release of windows 8.
    Windows programmers hardly change to mac programmers

I personally won't buy or install W8.

I have no desire to have my info saved on the internet cloud. Just asking for privacy and hacking trouble. No-ones likely to hack my little pc, but stick the contents of x million pc's on the one mainframe and it all becomes very attractive. As does govt spying to see what you've been up to and where you've been surfing and who you've been talking to.

All too big brother and too high a security risk for me. I prefer my files locally where I can control them.

Until Windows abandon the cloud I'm sticking with Win 7 even after it becomes obsolete.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Actually those clouds will be highly protected. It won't be easy to get into your files, but nothing a good hacker can't solve of course. Just don't store your credit card info there :P

Do you guys mean something like this

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...1890#post51890
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build