Thread: Dual knife edge assembly w/ FS adjustable mirrors

Default Dual knife edge assembly w/ FS adjustable mirrors - PRICE DROP - $75

I have this listed over at LPF, but it's probably more appropriate to list here.

I bought this over the summer from another member... I think "meatball" ? Unfortunately, he edited the sales thread after I purchased this item, so the details aren't visible now. But this has been completely unused since I received it back in June (?)

It's a dual-Aixiz module knife-edging assembly. The mirrors are attached, and adjustable. I don't really know anything else about it. I'll ship it exactly as I received it - in the same tiny padded box. I've really just opened it to take pictures.

NOTE: Sorry about the dust in this photo. It's styrofoam dust that I should have blown away before snapping the photo.

Price:
    I can't remember what I paid, but I think I bought a few things. I know that this was more than $100, so I'm going to sell it here for $100 (plus shipping). EDIT: Dropped to $75

Shipping:
    - Basic ground parcel shipping is $10. That's non-trackable, a 6 week delivery standard for the US, 90 day delivery-standard internationally.
    - Air parcel shipping is $15. That's non-trackable, a 2 week delivery standard for the US, and one month (I think) delivery standard internationally.
    - Xpresspost (Canada only) is $25. That's like 3 days, trackable, fast.
    - Expedited Parcel (US only) is $25. That's trackable, and a 6 day delivery standard.
    - Priority (US only) is $35. That's trackable, and a 5 day delivery guarantee (different than a standard)
    - Tracked International Parcel. Not sure what this is called, but basically it costs way too much. To get tracking on any international package sent from Canada (to anywhere other than the US) it's about $65 or $70. If you want this option, I'm happy to provide it.

Because of all the issues we've been seeing with international packages (I'm still trying to figure out what happened to a green laser sent to Arayan in Italy), delays, and customs hassles, I'm not going to be responsible for any shipping issues once I hand this package off to the post office. The exception of course is if the buyer is also within Canada (no borders), OR if you are international and use a tracked option.
    Last edited by rhd; 11-25-2011 at 11:56.

Hey guys,

I'm dropping the price to $75 + shipping if anyone is interested in purchasing this this evening. I'll be heading to the post office tomorrow, and after that won't be selling anything until January, so I'll mark the thread NOT FS, if not sold this evening.

Also, I know I don't have much of a post count to my name here, but this is cross-listed over at LPF, where I have a bit more of a track record. (4000+ posts, 110 rep)

No pressure or anything - but I thought this might be a more appropriate venue than LPF for an item of this nature.

Take care

i know where it came from originally
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Oh - could you tell me ?

I know who I bought it from (I think). But I can't remember where he said he bought it.

Also, what's the right asking price for this? I've had it for sale for a while, and nobody has been interested. I was actually just coming here to close the thread, and I've done the same on LPF. I'd love to know if I'm asking too much. At $75, it's a lot less than I believe I paid, and I had purchased it second hand myself.

i designed and made them for a while when there was the craze...just the two adjustable mounts i would sell for 70.00 so your price is very fair..if no one buys it you could build up a dual laser...it would be great experience...good luck. I think i sold them for around $135.00 as it sits...you could search laserman532 dual modules or something like that to see the evolution of the products. www.microlaserlabs.com still sort of operates. anywhooo...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

yeah laserman is diodevirgin on LPF so i was right (pats himself on the back)

btw rhd if no one buys it from you ill gladly pick it up later next month when i have some ca$h

Oh neat - ok. I think I'll just leave it up here at $75 over the holidays. If nobody grabs it, I've got tons of 445 diodes, and I'll take a stab at building the dual laser after all.

Thanks for your help

hehe...WAS diodevirgin on LPF....been there done that...not going back...I could count the number of people i respect there with the number of fingers it takes to hold a pointer. Anyway...carry on....
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay