Thread: desperate Medialas Buyer

Default desperate Medialas Buyer

hey guys

I recently bought a Medialas Attaxx 7w RGB. When I received the laser it was transport injured. Of course it is a shame, but it can happen to everyone. we contacted medialas who would have some pictures of the damage. Medialas contacted UPS who themselves would see the damage. The laser was sent back to medialas and we were told that we would get it fixed.

When we got it back, they had instead of changing the dented box tried to straighten it out, and there were still major problems with the light output.

We've got a new red module instead of the damaged one.
    I have now opened and switched laser module and can see that the blue module is 1200mw although they have set the laser to 2w in spec.

We have measured the laser to give approx 1w blue

It is a relatively expensive laser (approximately $ 20000) so I expect something else from medialas, Are we the only ones who have experienced such things from them?

Hi Tessa.

MediaLas generally have a good reputation as far as I know.
    What's your location? IE how far has it been shipped?
    It sounds like the shipping co are more to blame, but I'm surprised if MediaLas are letting you down with aftersales care...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Quote Originally Posted by WookieBoy View Post
    Hi Tessa.

MediaLas generally have a good reputation as far as I know.
    What's your location? IE how far has it been shipped?
    It sounds like the shipping co are more to blame, but I'm surprised if MediaLas are letting you down with aftersales care...

Didn't LaserWorld buy them or was it a couple other companies they picked up?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Didn't LaserWorld buy them or was it a couple other companies they picked up?

Really??

Oh, I wasn't aware of that.

If that's true, then it could be that Tesa's complaint may well be the first of many... (

Shame, 'cos although they were relatively expensive, I always had the opinion that MediaLas stuff was of a pretty high quality and worth paying that little bit extra for...

Might have to keep an eye on this then... Especially after they've started sending me price lists and 'monthly newsletters' recently.
    I'd put that down to me being a little drunk at PLASA and too free with business cards, but if that rumour about LW is true, maybe they were desperate to sell more stuff before a takeover...

Anyone else got more info on this???

(Not that I had any plans to shell out ££££££ on any ML kit by the way)

Hey Tes -

I'll second some advice 'mixedgas' gave someone awhile back: Call Medialas direct and ask for Dirk Bauer, the majority owner/president...He speaks English and German very fluently. He is old line traditional German, so be polite at first. Medialas has too-high an industry-rep to protect to just let you 'slip thru the cracks' -
    I'd *politely* stomp your feet, you should get taken-care of...

Wook - I don't believe it was MediaLas that got 'eaten' by LW - that would be a *real* crying-shame.. afaik, It was Swisslas and/or Ray Technologies Inc (RTi) that LW ate... Sad-enough, that...

Hope this helps...
    ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Cheers J

I didn't think it was MediaLas.

I know Swisslas was one such victim as their modules are all over the LW site now.

The thought of LW buying ML had me in tears!

Almost

SwissLas is right. The CEO of Swisslas sent this out on the ILDA list about LaserWorld back on May 16, 2011:

"well, if the shoe fits...!

...LW like ebola
    ...like the plague
    ...rip people off
    ...Nazi Germany

Remember?"

I about fell out of my chair when I read that.

Hmmm think MediaLas is going down, Service is mandatory thise days
    Let's hope Tesa is treaded well by ML
    Tesa please update the tread !
    Panolin Quickshow 2 and Beyond whit 2 FB3 controllers, full RGB
    Feel free to join my Laser freak group on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=53680012853

hi all!

i did what you said, and called Dirk, and talked to him for about 15mins, i did'nt really think i got anything out of him untill friday afternoon where he send me an email, he told that they had started production of a brand new attaxx for us , it should be done in 3-4weeks, Thanks guys!!

just to answer a question it was shipped about 1000km from germany to denmark, so not a big deal

Tesa