Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blanking Problem

Default Blanking Problem

Ok need some advice.

If some patterns eg some hot beams exhibit tails and yet the ILDA test patterns all display perfectly is this a blanking problem with the laser module itself?

I've tried software blanking adjustments but going off the standard preset makes the tails longer not shorter.

The tails are white but I know the green isn't modulating well. Could it be the green blanking also at fault?

Thinking it to be a galvo tunning issue still are all the =-_ line perfectly flat in your pattern under the circle at 30K?
    leading in trailing technology

Al

Are these showing on individual frames or in frames that are part of shows?

I ask because I have the same problem on some frames in some shows. As you know i'm using CT6215h's, that are perfectly tuned, so I know it's not a scanner problem. I believe it to be something to do with how the show was put together and how the frame files that are used were designed, also the scanner speed at which the show was programmed for seems to have an effect. You can correct some of the tails by adjusting the blanking shift or scanner speed, but if you do this it'll screw up other frames. Best thing i've found is to bin the offending frames and recreate them yourself, this usually sorts out the problem. It also confirms my theory that stuff made by others doesn't always suit your own system.

I also know Soffy had/has the same problem.

Cheers

Jme
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I usually see the problem in rupert morse modules in pangolin, perhaps it is tied to content somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I usually see the problem in ****** modules in pangolin, perhaps it is tied to content somehow.
    HeHe... I was trying to be tactful and not mention any names

Mr M is a very respected and professional programmer of shows, so I wouldn't even consider that he is doing anything incorrectly. It's more likely that his shows are optimised for a particular set of circumstances and we just don't know what those circumstances are (yet)

Having said that, I have seen the effect in certain frames sequences in many other peoples shows as well.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

His stuff is awesome, my favorite beam shows!! I have always just blamed my cheap scanners.

The problem seems to be in individual cues.

I've just remembered though that Hot Beams currently seem to be falling outside of the size and position settings for the scanner, something I've already reported to Pangolin. So it could be the scanners capabilities are being exceeded even though there's no scanner noise. However, the tails are in the centre of some of the patterns not in areas that fall at the edge of the scanned area.

I'll try to put some photos up but I'm absolutely useless at photographing lasers, not helped by the fact that I have a compact camera with only limited manual control.

It's nothing to do with the scanners of this i'm certain. As i've already said I have the top of the range CT6215h's and these exhibit the same 'tails' problem as everyone else's scanners whatever the make. This problem is 'show' or to be more precise 'frame' specific.

I've just remembered though that Hot Beams currently seem to be falling outside of the size and position settings for the scanner, something I've already reported to Pangolin.
    Are you sure they're not just going to a different zone?

I'd be very interested to know if hot beams are indeed able to appear outside of set zones, as this has major implications for safe zone setup.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Ok need some advice.

If some patterns eg some hot beams exhibit tails and yet the ILDA test patterns all display perfectly is this a blanking problem with the laser module itself?

I've tried software blanking adjustments but going off the standard preset makes the tails longer not shorter.

The tails are white but I know the green isn't modulating well. Could it be the green blanking also at fault?
    No.

Isn't this glaringly obvious?

Blanking points?
    Anchor points?
    Corner points?
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -