Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wanted redline Beambox or something close to it

Default wanted redline Beambox or something close to it

looking to buy a beambox without a laser installed or I guess i will take it how ever if i can find one ..? I had one of these a long time ago and it was pretty badass !! i would like one with a ir remote and all the mirror position ports ...

thanks

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...mscan-XYP-1000

Looks like it is on eBay currently...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Lightbulb

^^ what allthat said.. Yep, I'd get in touch with PL-member dream beamz , if ya haven't already... he may still have something you can tinker-with...

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

the Beam boxes are hard to find now wish i held on to the 20 i had

yea thanks for the help .... I guess I should have said I need a beambox that is just a row of servos that bounces the beam out one of several ports. Im sure there is a common name for these ,I just cant think of it

thanks !

or if I could find a good deal on like 10 real low end galvos , I could build something

The original beambox used small stepper motors. They mount the steppers the same way the omnisistem beam rails did. I am not a fan of that style because the beam "sweeps" into position. Basically the mirror rests like this -- then turns 90deg like this \ or this / to deflect the beam out of the port. In my opinion the better way is how mobo did it or a GM20 with an arm. This way the beam is "chopped" so to speak. Regardless of how fast the arm moves the beam stays in the same position coming out of the port (turret). Sorry if this went off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonKrypton808 View Post
    ....I guess I should have said I need a beambox
    Doh! That's what I get for surface-reading... I gather you mean this puppy:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLS_RL_BP8_100G.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	29020

..well...wish I had 'good news' for ya, but... sorry... long gone...

However, I will-say that I'd have to agree with Sir L2, there - we 'reviewed' these, 'back in the day', for the possibility of modding / re-certfing them, so they could be used with Class IVs.. but, after careful review, it was decided that, due to *fundamentals* in the design - not just Class IIIa-only materials, ie: pvc-throats in the beam-ports, mirror-choice, etc - we could not see these being 'wise' for more than Class IIIb (up-to a 1/2 Watt..) - port-mech design was too 'flimsy' and no decent dampening-control on stepper-actuators, etc... concluded it was just fundamentally-not a well-suited design for use-with lasers that burn-stuff in seconds...
    ..it would have had to be a near-complete redesign...

Anyhoo, yeah, they were 'cool', but I'd opin you'd be better-off looking for a used Mobo ML-10 or even ML-8... they were at least 'materials-rated' for Class IV...

j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 12-01-2011 at 15:42. Reason: sp
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

yea the design was not all that .....i had 2 of em and after a lil mods they did the job .....and the remote was my fav i would walk around the venues with the remotes ...ppl thought i was bad ass ....haha ........i should be able to find one ...... do guys have any ideas of any good servos,stepper motors,or some cheap scanners in bulk ....? i got a analog sequencer i can drive patterns to it .....

Hey Yall, I have a working redline beamscan. Bought it form dream-beamz a month or so ago. Dream-Beamz said he had a manual , but havn't received it yet. I have made some other buys from him and feel good about items bought. Is it for sale ... well yes - no - maybe . you can only tot around so much stuff.
    BIRDMAN