Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOOB wants Cheap 100mW Green and scanners.

Default NOOB wants Cheap 100mW Green and scanners.

I want to try and spend as little on this as possible in order to keep saving to build my first RGB. It's just to learn with. 80mW to 200mW green okay. Replacing cheap step motors with anything quicker. Maybe 10kpps galvos...just cheap.

Thanks!

PS- please dont ask my budget...im embarrased. Really if I could...i'd do it for 50 bucks...but i know that may not be possible.

F7

maybe you can take a look here and contact me if you see anything you could use http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-distress-fund

i have three sets of scanners, one pt40, one dt25 and the ones that you see inside the projector, which could fit your needs
    i also have a low power green and a 150mw green, both ttl, but it should be an easy mod making them analog

think it over and let's talk, i can also sort you with 445 blue and 660 red

(i can understand low budget, not unemployed yet myself, but getting there...)
    "its called character briggs..."

sounds good. Since this is really my first mod..outside of tinkering...maybe you can guide me in the right direction. All i want is better scan rate than crappy steppers and a solid dmx grwwn for beamshow. I'll look and see if I can identify anything.

tks!

I looked at this stuff the other day right...man, im fried!!!

Yeah...im going from a 40mW green to whatever is better and cheap. Pulled the red completely for now... but would considar improving the 100mW it came with. Personally...i doubt its even that high. Then theres the step motors...gone...looking for low rate galvo's...again...cheap, cheap, cheap.....i should change my Avatar to 'Birdie'. LOL

Please guide me based on what you have and how much you want.

Thanks.

F7

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hey foxtrot,

Just giving a word of encouragement. You will do well dealing with LaNek779. Make sure you PM him and see what suggestions he can make. Yes, there is shipping... but, there is with most things.

hey thanks for the kind words sir brad

i have to admit openly, however, that somehow it does not feel right giving this sort of advice.
    foxtrot here wants cheap, sure i can advise for cheap components, but he will be throwing money away in the long run...

the only difference between him and us, is that we have paid for cheap items and learned the lesson, he has not paid yet, and i just wish he can avoid it

in any case, i have for sale a ttl green that does between 140-160mw for 79 euros and i can rip out the scanners with dmx board and psu from the laserworld projector for another 75 euros. i think i ought to give them a tune before saying that they are good to go

the price of the cheapest galvos without dmx board i found on ebay is around 110usd shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/20Kpps-Hight...ht_3662wt_1185
    Last edited by LaNeK779; 12-01-2011 at 13:02.
    "its called character briggs..."

No...I know. You are dead right.

Heres my deal. Not currently working, no money and my new found laser addiction needs to be fufilled somehow. I figure just working on this POS will help ed-u-kate me...and...give me the fix i need. if your talking over $100 bucks to do this, than you're right. But i figured there must be a lot of people on here that have crap sitting around they'll never use....hence the cheap thing.

Maybe thats wishful thinking

F7

www.xe.com

your friend for currency conversions

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yeah... I've got a cheap stepper motor chinese box as well which won't be of much help. Got it on eBay for like $20 thinking I'd fix the low output 10mW red in it. It lives under a table in my office and hasn't seen the light of day since it was pulled out of the box it was shipped in. And yes, we've all gotten "cheap" at one point or another and would like to save you from the mistake. The "bug" sucks sometimes though and we've all been there. I'm afraid for galvos you're really going to be hard pressed to get much under $100 factoring in shipping though but, maybe someone has something laying around. I'll do a little snooping, maybe there is something I'm forgetting about.

thats what I was affraid of....since many of us have started ourt with a cheap units, i thought i might find someone elses junk. For 2 bills i can buy a fairly decent (DONT GRINGE EVERYONE) asian projector...might even have ILDA. Maybe thats what I'll do...at least I'll have a new toy to mess with...move parts arround.